FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   Candida diet anyone? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/2418-candida-diet-anyone.html)

SisterJen 11-18-2010 09:30 PM

Candida diet anyone?

?

almeeker 11-18-2010 10:59 PM

I can't really help you on the candida, I don't have it myself although a friend of mine does. All I know is that she avoids yeast and concentrated sugars. Unfortunately the best advice I have to offer is that you have to figure out what works for you, because we're not all the same. You might Google "elimination diet" and use fitday to log your food intake and journal your corresponding symptoms, so you can pin down your trigger foods. It's sort of a slow process, but tremendously helpful. We've done it with all 3 of our children, and I've had to do it myself a couple of times.

wyfatgirl 11-19-2010 01:00 AM

I've been fighting it for years and can't seem to stay on any diet for it. I finally put out the cash for a real good probiotic recommended by the book Gut and Physcology and I took it for as long as it took me to go thru 2 bottles. I go by a yeasty odor I get and that odor is gone and has stayed gone for several months now. I plan to get me another couple of bottles and take them again because of those results.

canary52 11-21-2010 10:34 PM

The best thing you can do is to get this book: The Yeast Connection by Dr. Crook (I know I know, his name is weird) but it is easy to read and the definitive word. It details the diet, gives great recipes (the pancakes and fish cakes are really good) and talks about conventional and alternative treatments.

The other thing to look at is Prescription for Nutritional Healing by James and Phyllis Balch.

You can find either on Amazon or in health food stores or maybe even in the library.

Good luck!!!

LisaAnnie 11-22-2010 06:45 AM

There's a probiotic called ThreeLac that really helped me. Also, no sugar, no breads or pasta's. It is not something that is conquered in a week or two.

Patriay 11-22-2010 10:21 AM

candida

I'm new on this site but not new to the Candida problems. I did not want to do the Candida elimination diet because it is so restrictive. I started reading labels and found that just about every prepared food has yeast or yeast extract in the ingredients. A friend who is also a pharmacist was very familiar with the condition and he suggested I try a good probiotic. I started with about 5 billion CFUs for a month and then I went to a local healthfood store and purchased the refrigerated kind that contains 35 billion CFUs and about 14 different strains. It is a Nature's Way brand - Primadophilus Optima $29.99for a months supply, 1 capsule a day. I have been on it for about 3 months and although I do watch my carbs, sugar:) and alcohol intake I am finally getting some relief. Well worth $30 a month. This works for me but everyone is different and may need a different type of probiotic. Just wanted to share my success.

LisaAnnie 11-22-2010 11:40 AM

The ThreeLac is about $60 for 60 capsules. The Nature's Way brand Patraiy mentions sounds like it would be good too. The kind they sell at the local grocery doesn't have the right strength or mix. I did a modified diet for 30 days, plus the probiotic. Then I continued the probiotic for another 30 days. Also, whenever I've been prescribed antibiotics, I go on probiotics for a couple weeks to restore the gut.