Notices

building a recipe on fitday???

Old 11-16-2010, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default building a recipe on fitday???

[FONT="Fixedsys"]Can anyone tell me how I build a recipe on fitday.. I cook and bake alot and have made many of my own dishes to help with carb intake. one is sweetpotato pie. but i dont know now to build the entire recipe and let fitday gather all the info and tell me the stats of a slice of that pie.????/help evie[/FONT]:
Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 PM
FitDay Member

I use two sites for calculating my own recipes, caloriecount Calorie Count Recipe Analysis and sparkpeople Recipe Calculator. Open a recipe calculator and FitDay's custom food menu side by side in separate windows, then enter the data from the recipe calculator into FitDay by hand. A bit of a pain in the arse, but much better than entering all the ingredients separately or trying to figure it out by hand.

Last edited by VitoVino; 12-23-2011 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

I haven't used calorie count analysis (the website mentioned) but I have used nutritiondata.com. The only thing I don't like about it is that it works best in Internet Explorer and can have problems in other browsers. Once I've worked out a recipe - be careful to specify exactly how many servings it will make - then, I put one serving in fitday's 'custom foods.'
Old 12-31-2010, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

I just calculate the entire recipe and then pull out the old calculator and divide the cals/fat/sat fat/carbs/protein by the number of servings. I like the one poster's idea about putting that amount in custom foods, but I just normally handwrite the numbers on the paper recipe or in the cook book.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

In FitDay PC you can make custom foods by ingredients. It then is pretty simple to specify the number of servings it will be making and then list the ingredients of the recipe. I prefer to add the ingredients directly from the food database so that it gets all the micronutrients which often aren't listed out on the food labels.