Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
How many calories? >

How many calories?

Community
Notices

How many calories?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Phipps, sounds like you have really made a mental shift! Good for you!

I would also like to suggest that you go down to one of the threads in the Women's Corner and hook in with one or more regular groups, depending on whether you want accountability, or to be with others who have similar amounts to lose, or whatever. Someone was working on getting a stay at home mom's group going a while back, for example. Those groups can give you a daily dose of support. We have one group going now with daily goals for the week starting today; just read through a few and jump in. No groups are closed and all welcome new folks.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi Phipps, FitDay should provide you with a caloric guide once you put in your starting weight, goal date, and goal weight.

Also, look at your activities tab for calories burned...500 calories eaten per day under that will give you one pound lost a week; 1000 calories a day below that level two pounds a week.

However, I always found it easier to use this calculator:

Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs

Hope it helps.
Thank you for this link. Helped me find my number right away.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I also went to that link to see what they said about calories for me per day. They actually gave me 150 more calories a day than here, but I will stick to the lower count ( unless it is my birthday!).