Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Developing a strong dislike for food and eating >

Developing a strong dislike for food and eating

Notices

Developing a strong dislike for food and eating

Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

I know exactly how you feel. I was like that for a good pat of my life, and was labeled as having an eating disorder. When I went to a dietitian, it was the most horrible experience. I felt like I was eating constantly and the food was boring, bland, and I hated the whole eating experience. To make matters worse, it was making me gain.

Unfortunately, having good eating habits is good for you. I was like you were for about ten years, and now I'm overweight since it really messed with my metabolism. Today though, I still have to force myself to eat.

I can give you my suggestion, but I have a feeling some people will disagree with me. Don't worry about eating more than three meals a day. If you check out the Mayo Clinic's website, it calls the eating more than three meals a day bogus, since it really does NOT make a difference.

I usually start off my day with a Greek Yogurt with a bit of light whipped cream or fruit on top. These are quit to eat on the go if you get the individual servings. If this doesn't work, Nestle (I think?) makes a powdered breakfast substitute that has a lot of nutrition and can be stirred into skim milk. Its a great breakfast for on the go and it saved my butt more than once in college.

As for Lunch and Dinner, eat what makes you happy. Salads and wraps were always great for me, since I could get them on the go and use light dressing. Just always make sure to watch your calories and fat intake, but remember, you only have one life, enjoy what you can. Food should be enjoyable.

My only other bit of advice is that you may need to slow down a bit with your life. That may be what is taking your appetite and leaving you not hungry - it has been proven that stress can have both reactions.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lenoriarose
I can give you my suggestion, but I have a feeling some people will disagree with me. Don't worry about eating more than three meals a day. If you check out the Mayo Clinic's website, it calls the eating more than three meals a day bogus, since it really does NOT make a difference.
I think that while eating more than 3 meals a day may not increase your metabolism I wouldn't call it bogus. For me at least, eating 5 meals a day has reset what my brain and body are telling me as to how full I am.

As for the OP, I would add nuts such as almonds or cashews to your diet as they are perfect grab and go food and real energy boosters. I would also adjust your percentages every few weeks till you find something that sticks. Wasting a few weeks to find your niche and not losing is better than trying to force something that wont stick.