Notices

Starting 40 Day HCG Injection Program

Old 12-20-2010, 11:13 PM
FitDay Member

Really! I have fasted before ... but the cold water approach might help as well. I will try fasting again.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I haven't done the hcg diet, but would consider it. Since it involves hormones, etc. I would and am hesitant. But, especially for someone (and that would include myself) who has had difficulty losing weight, is making real efforts and remains overweight (especially dangerously so) I think it is a very good option.
I was thinking of seriously looking into it myself, but I was VERY fortunate in that I found something very recently that is helping me. I am doing a "paleo" type diet that my doctor suggested. My weight loss is sometimes slow...but at least the weight is coming OFF. I have had to make lots of restrictions ... eliminating many things from my diet. AND I am restricting my calories as well. However, my diet is HEALTHY! I am DELIGHTED that the scale is going in the right way (DOWN) and that I feel MUCH more in control of my body now!
Bottom line is that I don't see anything really wrong with this (HCG) and if it weren't for this recent discovery (a fortunate discovery, really) I would likely be doing it myself.
Good luck to all of those on HCG and all of us using other methods. Good health and slimmer bodies in the near future for us all!!!

Last edited by AAFlaca; 01-19-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

If you have a pituray tumor, isn't taking a growth hormone rather dangerous? Most of my moles increased in size during pregnancy and never shrunk back. That is my main worry with taking this. My moles aren't dangerous, they are genetic rather than sun-induced, but still, if they grow, so can any tumor, benign or dangerous.

I stick to 22hr fasting. At least I cna eat with the family and don't feel left out and I am not going to accidentially overeat during the day.

I am usually open minded about any diet - if it works for you, good for you - but taking hormones scares me. Most of my weight gain is the result of taking birth control.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by midwestj
At least they are trying to do something about their health and weight, as misguided as I feel it is.
I do think taking a "weight loss drug" is sort of the wrong mentality to have anyway, if you want to keep the weight off in the long-term. You shouldn't view it as a "diet" but a new lifestyle. A lot of people are having success with the HCG PLAN and that's great, but I'm always skeptical of "diet drugs",

There have been so many over the years, and they all turned out not to work (with the exception of amphetamines...but that's not exactly healthy). A few doctors may promote it, but you can find a few doctors who will say anything. Real scientific studies don't back up any of the claims:

HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid

HCG Diet Studies Show Results Equal to Placebo - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

Last edited by travbrad; 01-19-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by travbrad
I do think taking a "weight loss drug" is sort of the wrong mentality to have anyway, if you want to keep the weight off in the long-term. You shouldn't view it as a "diet" but a new lifestyle. A lot of people are having success with the HCG PLAN and that's great, but I'm always skeptical of "diet drugs",

There have been so many over the years, and they all turned out not to work (with the exception of amphetamines...but that's not exactly healthy). A few doctors may promote it, but you can find a few doctors who will say anything. Real scientific studies don't back up any of the claims:

HCG Worthless as Weight-Loss Aid

HCG Diet Studies Show Results Equal to Placebo - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com
You know, I'm not a believer either, but if folks get results and it jumpstarts their weight loss (and doesn't cause any lasting harm), I say "great"!

Even if it's just the placebo effect, it doesn't matter. I once lost 70 pounds using some weight loss supplement I bought off TV. A couple years later I got an invite to participate in a class action suit against the marketer of these supplements because they had been tested and deemed worthless.

The point is, I swallowed the worthless supplements but "thought" they were working as I also followed the accompanying reduced calorie eating plan and began to exercise.

Of course, had I simply reduced my calories and started to exercise, I would have got the same result and kept some cash in my pocket. The big question is, would I have ever done that w/o the "help" of the supplements--probably not. I think it is the same with HCG and all the other "fad" diets. I don't think I've seen one of them that prompts you to "eat more and move less"! But, and it's a big "but", they DO get folks motivated and sometimes, that's all it takes.

In any event, regardless of weight loss plan, I, too, salute all those who are making the attempt to get healthy.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-19-2011, 03:31 PM
FitDay Member

I can agree with that. If that's what it takes for people to get motivated, then a bit of money is well worth it. You can't put a price on your health. I just wish that money wasn't going to people who are making false claims.

Our thoughts and mood can have a huge impact on us physically, so I can certainly see how believing it will work helps. Even with cancer, people who are optimistic and believe they'll get better, have a better prognosis.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by travbrad
I can agree with that. If that's what it takes for people to get motivated, then a bit of money is well worth it. You can't put a price on your health. I just wish that money wasn't going to people who are making false claims.

Our thoughts and mood can have a huge impact on us physically, so I can certainly see how believing it will work helps. Even with cancer, people who are optimistic and believe they'll get better, have a better prognosis.
My favourite is RVL my Mona Vie. Just a new weight management system that came out. Clinical studies have been done and the success stories have been fabulous. I have about 20 lbs to lose and so far i have lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks. My next goal is to start exercising. Love this product because it is all natural and the shakes taste great. I can drink this mix for the rest of my life, no detoxing or cleansing that is not good for your body.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, I tried the hCG for myself and in the past 20 days I've lost 15 pounds. I feel great and have energy - which is something I certainly never had while fasting.

Oh, and hCG is not a growth hormone. You're thinking of HGH - which is a completely different substance.

I'm sold on the hCG. I went from 185.1 down to 170.1 in less than three weeks and I'm hoping to hit the 160s tomorrow - something I haven't seen in about 15 years. I'm beyond excited.

For those who think this is a "easy way out," let me assure you, it's not. There is a lot of work involved in preparing the right foods for the protocol, as well as continuing to exercise. It's not any less work than any other diet I've been on. The only difference is that the weight seems to be melting off daily and the results are almost immediate. After stuck in the 180s for 8 weeks with strict adherence to my diet and exercise routine and losing nothing more than ounces, I was beyond frustrated. Using the hCG has given me back my motivation to continue onward toward my goal.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Tavisha, good job! I have lost 25 lbs since Dec 1st doing Hcg and low calorie dieting. I was very skeptical at first,but not anymore. The food is healthy, I feel great, no pain whatsoever. I've lost 4 inches in my waist. which is exactly where I wanted to see a difference. My blood pressure is lowered, all my labs are better!

I don't care anymore what the naysayers have to say about it. ~ Oh shock and horrors! you take a hormone?! <sarcasm intended> ~ Well guess what people, hormones can and do influence weight gain so it's no wonder that they can and do influence weight loss. If it's not right for you, then don't do it!
Old 01-24-2011, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

I just take the drops under the tounge. Also, the way a person looses weight is very individual. It's different for everyone. I am 51, and I used to be able to lose weight on the Atkin's diet, but now, I can do Atkin's for 1 week and drop about 5 lbs, but after that, it quits working for me. Also, I can do the HCG diet without the HCG and lose weight if I eat just the foods on that list. I have mixed the veggies on the list and ate as much as I wanted of them. I also found a salad dressing that doesn't promote weight gain. You can find it at reedsdressings.com. They only have the Italian flavor, but it is good, and not sweet. If I add other veggies besides what is on the HCG list, like green beans, okra, etc..., I don't lose. I know that's weird, but I'm sold on the HCG diet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.