Notices

Starting 40 Day HCG Injection Program

Old 12-16-2010, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

I am at day 10 (R1P2D10). I've lost 10 pounds. I do get a little hungry just before meals, but I am more than satisfied on the food I eat. Yesterday I just felt hunger for some reason and I ate an extra ounce of protein, and still lost 1-1/2 pounds! Most of the day, I don't feel hungry... but I do sometimes feel wistful if I'm at a holiday party or something. (Company party was Monday evening and I smelled all the good things I couldn't eat).

A few tips:
*Be sure and drink lots of water. One day I was caught on the road without my water and the next day I had zero loss.
*Same goes for sleep, get a good nights sleep for best results.
*Keep an apple with you at all times. I usually save 1/2 fruit to eat after dinner with a cup of tea in the evening.
*Prepare some meals ahead of time that you can grab in a hurry.
*Weigh your proteins so you know the exact calorie count.
*Weigh yourself at the same time each day (best time is in morning after elimination)
*Visit the support websites for other ideas and recipes. HCG Diet Info is one, Skinny Me is also a good one, and the HCGDieters yahoo group is one.

Good luck! I am eager to hear of your progress :-)
Old 12-16-2010, 08:06 PM
FitDay Member

Jason,

I have done long-term fasting before and you are correct that the cravings go away after a few days. However, my energy was almost nada after that, too. My metabolism dropped so low I found it difficult to even get up out of a chair and move around. I lost a little bit of weight, but I've done a 30-day water fast and only lost 9 pounds.

I have some endocrine problems and I'm sure they affected the way my body responded to the fast.

I believe the problem arises when we try to make everyone's body fit into the same category. Truth is ... our bodies don't all work the same way - even if subjected to the same conditions.

My ex-husband has extreme hypoglycemia and ADD. His body runs on such a high metabolism that he can (and does) EASILY consume 5,000 calories or more per day - yet, he remains thin as a rail. He does no exercise whatsoever. Yet, he has never gained an ounce of fat. Clearly, his body functions much differently than mine does.

Interestingly, I have two friends who've lost a significant amount of weight using hCG. I asked them tonight about the difference between using it and fasting (as they are both fasters also). They both said they had much more energy using the hCG than they did when fasting alone. Also, they said they lost a significantly larger amount of weight using the hCG than they did by fasting alone. We are all Christians and fasting is a regular part of our life. So, it was something that they could easily compare since they'd done fasts (both long-term and short-term) for several decades.

Tavisha
Old 12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I am in my second round of HCG and take the drops and lost 37 pounds total and want to lose 17 more. So far so good. I am on R2P2D12 and already down 13 pounds. Not bad. I never lost anything on any diet. I have 17 pounds to go to my goal weight. Whoopee. I love HCG. I am in a size 12 from a size 18. I was skeptical but what the heck, was one more diet. I did it on my own from a newspaper article i read. I did my research, bought the drops online and here I am
Where did you get your drops and can you tell us in how long you lost the 37 lb? I am unsure whether the HCG drops (they are homeopatic, correct?) are equal to the HCG injections (or if they do anything at all). Please tell us something more about your experience, what was your daily caloric need when you started, how many calories you ate per day, were you exercising?
Thanks!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

I am on R1P2D12 and have lost 12lbs. I am using the homeopathic drops. (here is the link to where i bought mine - it was suggested in an earlier link on here...Link removed rarely am I even slightly hungry - and usually it is because I haven't had enough to drink or am way off schedule on eating. I usually eat one fruit mid-morning and often don't end up eating the other fruit.

I wanted to keep going to the gym. I had been going every night for 3 months and had not lost a single pound in over a month. Talk about frustrating! Anyways, because of everything else I have to do this time of year, I haven't gotten there yet.

I don't have any cravings but I am breaking habits. Last night I baked two batches of Pumpkin Bread and two different types of cookies and chilli and corn bread for the family's dinner. It all smelled good and in the past I would have snacked the entire time from the start of the batter to the finished project. But it was very easy to look at it and say... yes that would taste good but it will taste even better next year when I weigh 135 lbs!

I have never done the injections so I can't really say which is better. I do think that the HCG drops maybe don't stay in your system like the injections but I could be wrong.

Bottom line... can't explain the science but can say it is working. And FYI I am a HUGE skeptic and read everything I could find and only decided to try it after my aunt admitted that she had done it years ago and it did in fact work.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-20-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by heather.72
I am on R1P2D12 and have lost 12lbs. I am using the homeopathic drops.
Heather, thanks for sharing! Can I ask you how long it took you to lose the 12lb? I mean I just want to understand whether it's the simple caloric deprivation driving the weight loss or whether there's something else. (I know people say you have a lot more energy but that's a different story).

In my case the calculation would be:
To maintain I need to eat 1750 cal; if I eat 500 cal I save 1250 cal a day, which means 1250/3500= 0.36 lb a day.
If that's what people of my approximate weight (166) lose, then there's no additional benefit in terms of weight loss.

Can anyone confirm or not confirm?
Thanks!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

R1 = first time I have done it (to get to my ideal goal, it will take 3 rounds)

P2 = low calories part of the program (there are 4 phases, 1st one is "loading" - eat everything fattening you can in 2 days. 2nd is low calorie portion and you can go anywhere between 26 and 40 days. 3rd is maintenance where you re-set you hypothamlus to your new weight, you can eat fats but not sugar or starches and lasts 3 weeks if I remember right. Then phase 4 where you start adding in sugar and starches.

D12 = 12th day on the very low calorie portion.

SO, it has taken 12 days to loose 12 lbs.

I can tell you on the first 2 days of eating everything in sight (and suprisingly it is hard to do as you feel icky doing it lol) I gained about 3 lbs and was having a heart attack. But I lost it all and then some almost immediately. i can't remember if it was in one day or two..

The first few days you loose several pounds a day. My guess is that some of that is water weight but not a Dr and really don't know.. just a guess. You are NOT dehydrated as you are drinking water constantly. After that it levels out and at least for me I see probably and average of 1/2 a pounds a day loss.

I think this is an amazing way to loose weight - it is fast which is very motivational for me - and really doesn't take any extra time. And really pretty cheap if you are doing the drops. It probably isn't for everyone though. You do have to have willpower. You are not hungry because of the HCG but all the old habits are still there and any deviation from the very very limited food choices will screw it up.

In terms of your calculations for weight loss, i suppose the math is right but without the HCG there is no way you could eat only 500 calories. Your body would be eating its own muscle and go into starvation mode. With the HCG, your body is releasing fat stores to supplement the calories you need so your muscle is safe and your body believes it is still getting enough calories. That is what the benefit of taking HCG is.

Obviously there are a lot more experienced people on here - looking at their RPD numbers will tell you where they are in the process - and if I have misstated anything hopefully one of them will step up and correct me lol.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

The bottom line is - the HCG is what is mobilizing the fat loss here.

If one were to do 30 or 40 days without HCG, you are going to starve yourself and be ravagingly hungry. You will also lose considerable muscle mass and not as much fat.

With the HCG, you are going to lose FAT and lose very little muscle.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

vsabino, it's true, you would lose weight on 500 calories a day with or without hcg. People use hcg so they can stay on a very low calorie diet without severe hunger pains, without destroying muscle mass, without inhibiting their metabolism.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

I kind of agree with all of you if you're talking about real HCG. I was trying to understand whether the homeopatic drops (vs. real HCG in injection or sublingual) had any effects.

1. About the drops: I've read in multiple places that there's no HCG in those (you can do the test with a pregnancy strip) and that they just put herbal stuff and appetite suppressants in it. So I'm not confident in those.
2. About the real HCG: I think I am going to give it a try in January; it looks interesting and if it's used for other indications (fertility and other stuff) that means that it cannot kill you...

Can you guys help me find some information about the plan, e.g. the specifics about the phases? What's your favorite website to find them?
Thank you all, I love this forum!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Link removed has tons of info about the product, the phases, the diet, etc.... the forum is not really active but I think someone put in a good try to get one going. Also, go to You Tube and search "mamaclok" she did a vlog throughout her entire hcg journey.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 02-20-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.