Starting 40 Day HCG Injection Program >

Starting 40 Day HCG Injection Program

Community
Notices

Starting 40 Day HCG Injection Program

Old 12-16-2010, 06:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by midwestj
I too am against this. But we can only make choices for ourselves why fight about it on these boards. If people want to use HCG to lose weight thats fine.

Did you know you can healthily fast for 20 or even 40 days? The size of your muscle may decrease but all the muscle fiber remains in tact, it would only take your resuming of normal eating and exercise to get this back. Even shorter term fasting 1-2 days a week can be a very HEALTHY and EFFECTIVE weight loss tool.

If you are going to eat 500 kcals a day and pay butt loads for prescription drugs to lose weight why not give fasting a try, as its free.

I compare HCG with steroids. Because if you are not willing to do it naturally you are cheating yourself, the same goes for muscle building or fat loss.

Thats my two cents.
I am going to say this and it will be blunt and to the point. I am not trying to be mean to anyone that has posted on this thread, but.........

If you are overweight and able to lose weight by simply counting calories OR going on a standard low carb diet (such as Atkins) then good for you.

However, there are people that have MAJOR Endocrine issues that is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to lose weight no matter how hard we try.

For example: I have Hypothyroidism, adrenal Fatigue, Type 2 Diabetes, Pituitary Tumor and PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries)........Every one of these conditions are similarly related and it is IMPOSSIBLE to lose weight.

Fast forward to me taking my health into my own hands. I was on Atkins and was bouncing back and forth between an 8 pound range.

I scheduled an appointment with a Naturopathic Doctor and we went through my health history. She suggested that I give HCG a try for 1 round to see how it went.

I didn't lose as much weight as many others, but I felt 19 pounds was good. I didn't starve myself because as I was shedding inches, my body was converting my fat to calories for energy and nourishment.

I ate as many vegetable servings I wanted in a day, as long as it was on the list. I was never hungry, drank plenty of water.

For the first time in YEARS..........I had energy. I didn't want to sleep all day long. I was able to clean my house and stay awake afterwards. I was able to take my dogs on walks and spend extra time with my husband.

I did a round 2 of HCG and lost 17 more pounds for a total loss of 36 pounds in the 2 rounds.

I have been maintaining that loss since October so far. I am taking a break and will start Round 3 in January sometime.

There is NO comparison of HCG to Steroids. Please. Just STOP already.

HCG is NATURAL - we all make the hormone, just in small quantities, unless there is a confirmed pregnancy, then the amount of HCG made in the body starts doubling, tripling, so on and so forth........

Before any of you judge me or anyone else that is doing or has done this plan - take a walk in my shoes and see what it feels like to not be able to lose the weight.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Primal-Lioness
I am going to say this and it will be blunt and to the point. I am not trying to be mean to anyone that has posted on this thread, but.........

If you are overweight and able to lose weight by simply counting calories OR going on a standard low carb diet (such as Atkins) then good for you.

However, there are people that have MAJOR Endocrine issues that is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to lose weight no matter how hard we try.

For example: I have Hypothyroidism, adrenal Fatigue, Type 2 Diabetes, Pituitary Tumor and PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries)........Every one of these conditions are similarly related and it is IMPOSSIBLE to lose weight.

Fast forward to me taking my health into my own hands. I was on Atkins and was bouncing back and forth between an 8 pound range.

I scheduled an appointment with a Naturopathic Doctor and we went through my health history. She suggested that I give HCG a try for 1 round to see how it went.

I didn't lose as much weight as many others, but I felt 19 pounds was good. I didn't starve myself because as I was shedding inches, my body was converting my fat to calories for energy and nourishment.

I ate as many vegetable servings I wanted in a day, as long as it was on the list. I was never hungry, drank plenty of water.

For the first time in YEARS..........I had energy. I didn't want to sleep all day long. I was able to clean my house and stay awake afterwards. I was able to take my dogs on walks and spend extra time with my husband.

I did a round 2 of HCG and lost 17 more pounds for a total loss of 36 pounds in the 2 rounds.

I have been maintaining that loss since October so far. I am taking a break and will start Round 3 in January sometime.

There is NO comparison of HCG to Steroids. Please. Just STOP already.

HCG is NATURAL - we all make the hormone, just in small quantities, unless there is a confirmed pregnancy, then the amount of HCG made in the body starts doubling, tripling, so on and so forth........

Before any of you judge me or anyone else that is doing or has done this plan - take a walk in my shoes and see what it feels like to not be able to lose the weight.
I'm truly happy you've found something that works for you. Bravo for not giving up as so many do and for your fortitude in searching until you found your anwser to the weigh-loss problem. May you continue to achieve health and success into 2011 and beyond. Now, I'll bow out of this discussion.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-16-2010, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Did you know that when you fast your body will naturally rid itself of unwanted growths and tissue. People have used fasting to combat cancer. When you get sick your appetite is suppressed, this is for a reason.

The thing is that everything people say HCG does, your body will do on its own naturally.

The reason you store fat is so you can use it in a time of low food supply, you don't need HCG drops for your body to be able to burn fat.

I haven't seen any conclusive research to support the claims of HCG weight loss. I'm a skeptic and will remain one.

People get human growth hormone injections too for various reasons anti-aging being one of them, but it doesn't make it natural just because our body makes it.

If It sounds judgmental maybe that is just the way you are interpreting it. I just believe you are wasting your money that is all. If our body wasn't able to use our stored fat naturally, we wouldn't store fat. We would horde nuts like squirrels or something.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't seen any conclusive research to support the claims of HCG weight loss. I'm a skeptic and will remain one.
Jason,

I must say that I feel I usually think along the same lines as you.... but what kind of research are you looking for? Everyone that I know that did it, lost weight, and a lot of it... quickly. It looks like everyone here that's done it has had similar results. IMO real world results outweigh any tests or studies.

What's there to be a skeptic about? It works, and it's been proven time and time again. Is it the best option? Well, that's not up to me to decide... but it does work.

I too think I'll bow out of this one, I just support as the topic says "HCG diet works"

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-16-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Mike I just don't think we can be sure that it is the HCG that is doing the work.

If you burn 3000 calories in a day, that won't suddenly change because you didn't eat. So you would turn to your stored energy for that 3000 calories. Your body does this by itself. I don't think it needs the help of chemical agents to do this.

When folks have reached the end of their rope for weight loss solutions they are sometimes willing to believe things that aren't true. HCG is expensive stuff, and I don't really think it does anything special. Your body mobilizes its own fat stores, it doesn't need HCG to do it for you.

Just because a few doctors support it doesn't make it true. Doctors have been wrong before. And most of us know that the medicine and pharmaceutical industry is just that: industry with a bottom line. And the weight loss industry itself is HUGE. Just think about this one: Acai berries were all the buzz recently but most of us figured out that was just a bunch of fluff.

Maybe I can open some eyes and save some people some money, not trying to put folks down as I said before, just because you used HCG doesn't make you a bad person. At least they are trying to do something about their health and weight, as misguided as I feel it is.

I have a good question: Has anyone tried the HCG deit plan without actually administering the drops? I bet similar results would be achieved.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Mike I just don't think we can be sure that it is the HCG that is doing the work.

If you burn 3000 calories in a day, that won't suddenly change because you didn't eat. So you would turn to your stored energy for that 3000 calories. Your body does this by itself. I don't think it needs the help of chemical agents to do this.

When folks have reached the end of their rope for weight loss solutions they are sometimes willing to believe things that aren't true. HCG is expensive stuff, and I don't really think it does anything special. Your body mobilizes its own fat stores, it doesn't need HCG to do it for you.

Just because a few doctors support it doesn't make it true. Doctors have been wrong before. And most of us know that the medicine and pharmaceutical industry is just that: industry with a bottom line. And the weight loss industry itself is HUGE. Just think about this one: Acai berries were all the buzz recently but most of us figured out that was just a bunch of fluff.

Maybe I can open some eyes and save some people some money, not trying to put folks down as I said before, just because you used HCG doesn't make you a bad person. At least they are trying to do something about their health and weight, as misguided as I feel it is.

I have a good question: Has anyone tried the HCG deit plan without actually administering the drops? I bet similar results would be achieved.
well I was going to bow out... but I also feel that great info can come from both sides with a good civil debate.

Here's my thoughts...
HCG isn't that expensive, about $3 a day, you will save more than that in food costs by following the diet.

The woman that I know that did HCG I either saw, or heard that they lost fat from their mid section, and hips 1st and breasts last. What do most women that lose weight the "normal" way complain about??? losing their breasts 1st. The guy that I know said he noticed the biggest difference in his problem areas.

Doctors have been wrong, that's why they say they "practice" medicine . Everyone is quick to believe anyone (doctor, or not) that disputes it's effectiveness, but when they support it, we hear about how doctors are wrong. it goes both ways!

To answer your last question. The people that I know that did the diet didn't starve or have crazy craving... plus they had energy. In fact they only said they were hungry for the 1st couple days, after that they were fine. Do I think that most people could lose weight on a 500 calorie diet for a month, sure. Do I think they could do it without starving and still have energy, hell NO! IMO most people cheat and fall off the wagon because of cravings or they feel like they are starving.

My diet has been hit and miss at best lately, why is that? I've been craving garbage and feeling extremely hungry. I strugle to keep it as clean (or dirty) as I have, I know without the cravings and feeling hungry it would be extremely clean.

In other words (just a guess). I'd bet that if you took 20 people, put 10 on the HCG drops and 10 without the drops and all 20 on the same 500 cal diet. A high percentage would make it a month on the drops and very few would make it without the drops.

So I know 3 people that did it, 2 women and 1 man. 1 woman and the guy lost 30-35lbs in a month, the other woman lost 22 pounds in a month. All 3 have recommended it to their friends and family.

I'm sure there are people here that have kept to 500 cals/day without HCG. I'd bet that they don't average ~30lbs lost in a month.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-16-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Right on Mike I think civil debates are great.

One thing I would like to point out that you said. It usually takes three days or so for the hunger cravings to pass.

Since the HCG protocol is practically extended fasting I want to draw on a comparison.

People report that after 3 days of fasting the hunger pain and need to eat have passed, roughly the same time period.

You can call it starvation, but the fact is that human evolution is based on periods of famine and feasting. Its how we evolved. Our body can tolerate it and actually it is a healthy practice.

I feel like HCG is just a way of getting folks to fast while being able to at least sell them something. A typical fast would only allow water or non calorie fluids. So only the Coffee and diet soda companies would be making money here.

The Mediterranean diet touted a while back left out one thing: In the Greek orthodox church fasting is practiced 180-200 days a year, which was a major contributer to the good health and lower body weights of the people from Crete, not just what they ate.

Maybe HCG is helping people, but I think we should be giving our bodies the credit, not the drugs.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

they were hungry in the beginning. I was told it's b/c it took time to fully get in their system. Maybe their body beeded to adjust. I don't know. I do know that when a plateau was reach (2 or 3 days with no loss) they would eat only 5 (or 6) apples the next day and drop a few pounds. So whatever the protocal calls for... works. From the looks to me, it was fat that was lost, I couldn't "see" much, if any muscle loss.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Question hcg ?s

I am interested. Where online did you buy your hcg? And what research do you trust? I'm seeing some conflicting info. Thanks
Old 12-16-2010, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

There have been double blind clinical studies done on Hcg vs placebo.

Health Labs Online - Clinical Studies on hCG - Clinical Studies on hCG

Doctors W.L. Asher, MD & Harold W. Harper, MD published their study, in the The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 1973.
From the Summary of the Asher & Harper study:

“The HCG group lost significantly more mean weight, had a significantly greater mean weight loss per injection, and lost a significantly greater mean percentage of their starting weight. The percentage of affirmative daily patient responses indicating “little or no hunger” and “feeling good to excellent” was significantly greater in the HCG group than in the placebo group. Additional investigation of the influence of HCG on weight loss, hunger, and well-being seems indicated.”

A more recent placebo-controlled, double-blind study was conducted using an Oral formulation of HCG by Dr. Daniel Oscar Belluscio, M.D., Dr. Leonor Ripamonte, M.D and Dr. Marcelo Wolansky Ph.D:
This study concluded:

“1) Female obese volunteers participating in a double blind study, and submitted to the administration of an oral presentation of hCG plus a VLCD, decreased specific body circumferences and skinfold thickness from conspicuous body areas more efficiently than Placebo+VLCD -treated subjects. Since a significant fat proportion from total body fat is subcutaneously located (50 to 65 percent, depending on sex and fat distribution), this hCG metabolic activity would result in a reduction of the total body fat mass, the main cause for obesity. We suggested that the combination of a VLCD and oral hCG could not only trigger clinically significant changes in subcutaneous fat stores but simultaneously decrease body weight and modelate body contour.

2) hCG oral administration proved to be a safe and effective procedure on obese treated volunteers. No side effects were observed in the course of the study. There are no reports in the literature regarding this administration route to compare our findings.

3) Compared to placebo treated subjects, volunteers managed with an oral administration of hCG coped more efficiently with daily irritating situations, were in a better mood, and handled home conflicts without stepping up family discussions. This study appears to contradict former conclusions on the issue of hCG and obesity. We attribute those differences to a different approach, including variables not assessed in former publications. “

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.