Notices

Starting 40 Day HCG Injection Program

Old 12-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LisaAnnie
I have been researching this for over a year now. At first I was skeptical about such low calories, taking a by-product of pregnancy, not FDA approved, etc...

However, a couple of things changed my mind. First of all the diet was created and research by an endocrinologist, that is a medical doctor. Endocrinologist's specialize in the very type of obesity related disease that I have acquired - hypothyroidism. They also specialize in other glandular and hormonally related diseases such as diabetes, which is epidemic amongst overwieght persons. Many successful hcg dieters are able to control their disease without medication after using the product successfully. Perhaps that is why it is not FDA approved? Think of all the profits the drug companies would lose if people actually got healthy and didn't need daily medication!

Then, about 2 months ago, I went to a family function and saw my (2) sister-in-laws' and my neice ... and holy smokes, they looked great! They'd done hcg through a ND, and had been maintaining 25 - 35 lb weight loss for months! "Most" people do not gain it all back.... unless they start overindulging constantly (ignoring the maintenance protocol).

So, I resumed my research and started finding little to no negative feedback from people who'd actually used the real product in the intended way. The vast majority of negative feedback came from people who had not researched it, had never used it, & had not interviewed real hcg dieters.... in other words, inexperienced opinions.

Twelve days ago I started using hcg, and I've lost ten pounds. Do I get hungry? Yes, I do, but I am not ravenous or feeling like I'm going to faint. When I get hungry, I eat my small meal or snack (ie: apple) and then I am satisfied. I feel better, I sleep better, and soon I will look better. I have been trying for years to get this weight off without success and now something is finally working. That is a good thing for me! If it's not a good choice for you, then don't do it.
I have never tried it but I personally know people that have. I feel like I have a decent understanding of it and can say that the people that I know that did it, recommend it. They are very happy with the results and didn't starve to death. This will teach you portion control to the extreme. For the 1st time they were weighing their food and tracking everything they ate. They also didn't gain any weight back. If they would have it would have been THEIR fault not the fault of HCG. For example, my brother had gastric bypass years ago, now he's as big as a house... his fault. It seem that when someone gains weight back after being on HCG everyone is quick to blame the drug.

Jason,
I see your point about comparing it to cheating on steroids, but I must say that I've never seen anyone get big off of steroids that didn't workout like a mad man in the gym? Have you? It just doesn't happen. If you could take steroids and get huge and ripped without busting your hump then I'd think it's cheating. BUT it is cheating in sports b/c it's not allowed and it doesn't give an even playing field to those that follow the rules.
I'd also bet that if someone ate like they normally did while taking HCG that they would be loosing a pound a day... so I don't think of it as cheating. Maybe that's just me.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

I guess my point is that you can lose weight naturally, you can gain muscle naturally. Why do we need to put these agents in or body to "aid" us in doing the work.

I find people who say "I have tried to lose weight before and it never works." never had a solid approach to begin with or they did have a solid approach and didn't stick with it. If you really try, and stick with it any reduced calorie approach causes weight loss, its scientifically proven.

The facts are we don't need HCG to lose weight just like we don't need steroids to build muscle.

This is a world where people want instant results. They want instant weight loss, instant muscle growth. The term "in it for the long haul" has gone by the wayside in place of taking shortcuts.

With that said its not my body so I am not going to condemn anyone else for using it. This is just how I feel about it. It doesn't make you a bad person for using it. I just wouldn't take that route myself.

I know that just taking steroids alone doesn't make you strong but that doesn't change the way I view it.

Take this example, you can work hard in school and get good grades.

Or you could work hard at cheating your way through school and still get good grades.

Both paths take hard work, and aim for the same goal. One is completely honest, the other is deceitful and dishonorable.

Last edited by midwestj; 12-15-2010 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

The steroid thing sounds like snake oil, but who knows? Even if it's for placebo effect the ultra-low cals will make you drop weight quick.

I've mentioned it before, and I don't recommend it and I've given it up, but the last time I lost weight I started with a 30 day water fast then gradually worked up to 1000 cals a day. In considerably less than a year I'd gone from 400 or so down to 184 pounds.

If you can sustain the mental and physical stress of eating 500 cals a day I bet you'd drop like a stone.

I truly think simply maintaining a reasonable calorie level consisting of real, healthy food choices is a better way to go, but to each his or her own.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-15-2010, 05:18 PM
FitDay Member

I love the HCG diet. I am doing my second round to lose another 20 pounds. My goal wa to lose 60 pounds and I have lost 40 and have 20 to go. Yeah, and without hard core exercise. I eat good on 500 calories per day, then go on to phase 3 of maintenance and then phase 4 of lifetime maintenance. In the latter I was eating up to 2000 calories per day and maintaining. yes, HCG is the only diet that has worked for me,, and I feel great. I think my doctor is interested in my results. Ha Ha
Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

I am in my second round of HCG and take the drops and lost 37 pounds total and want to lose 17 more. So far so good. I am on R2P2D12 and already down 13 pounds. Not bad. I never lost anything on any diet. I have 17 pounds to go to my goal weight. Whoopee. I love HCG. I am in a size 12 from a size 18. I was skeptical but what the heck, was one more diet. I did it on my own from a newspaper article i read. I did my research, bought the drops online and here I am
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 PM
FitDay Member

I must say I'm so disappointed to see such negative and judgmental comments here. I really thought this board would be supportive of each of our individual choices based on our preferences, research, and opinion. I've never used HcG, but if it works for someone and helps them get the weight off, more power to them. To say that people are "cheating" or "not in it for the long haul" is just plain meanspirited.

I mean, come on, who are ANY of us to judge another? We're all people who allowed ourselves to get overweight and are struggling to find answers for ourselves. Society judges us every day and it doesn't feel very good.

This place should be a safe haven for ALL of us - free from critical, mean, and judgmental comments. We get enough of that from the outside world.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

On NBC news last night, there was a story about a "thermal diet" where if you lower your body temperature by sitting in a tub full of ice and water, you can speed up your metabolism. Did anyone see that story? I just caught part of it. Any credence to it? Or, shall I put that in my file of wight loss programs that don't work?
Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tavisha
I must say I'm so disappointed to see such negative and judgmental comments here. I really thought this board would be supportive of each of our individual choices based on our preferences, research, and opinion. I've never used HcG, but if it works for someone and helps them get the weight off, more power to them. To say that people are "cheating" or "not in it for the long haul" is just plain meanspirited.

I mean, come on, who are ANY of us to judge another? We're all people who allowed ourselves to get overweight and are struggling to find answers for ourselves. Society judges us every day and it doesn't feel very good.

This place should be a safe haven for ALL of us - free from critical, mean, and judgmental comments. We get enough of that from the outside world.
Hope I didn't come across that way--I wholeheartedly support the notion that every adult can make their own decisions, good or bad. I've made my share of both, so who am I to judge?

We each have our opinions as to specifics, but I applaud anyone who takes control of their lives and loses weight. I just think that we should all go into this with our eyes open, do our research and pick the best plan for ourselves.

If injections and steroids work for you, that's great! I sincerly hope the weight loss continues and that you can keep the weight off when the treatment ends.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by scoop715
On NBC news last night, there was a story about a "thermal diet" where if you lower your body temperature by sitting in a tub full of ice and water, you can speed up your metabolism. Did anyone see that story? I just caught part of it. Any credence to it? Or, shall I put that in my file of wight loss programs that don't work?
It sure makes sense--the body has to burn fuel to try and maintain a survivable body temperature. In the past I drank 1-2 gallons of ice water a day (worked from home, so the 101 trips to the bathroom every day wasn't a problem), with the notion that my body would burn more calories to "warm" the cold water. I have no proof that it helped, but who knows?

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-16-2010, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

Michael,

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I agree that we should enter into a weight loss program with our eyes wide open. I'm all for sharing research, too. That's an important part of what being in a community like this is all about. A comment like "Hey, I read on xyz.com that the HcG treatments have been shown to cause such and such side effects in the long term. You might want to check it out for yourself. Here's the link." That's being helpful, yet still respectful.

But, some of the comments shared in this thread didn't have any information at all - just judgment (like "what's next, cutting off a limb to lose weight"). Those types of comments are just critical and mean and, in my opinion, have no place in a supportive community.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.