Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
FitDay Premium Member

Default Stopped Weight Watchers today.

Hello:

As the title says, I stopped the Weight Watchers program today. I lost about 60 pounds on the program over the past 2+ years. Problem is I have been 5lbs away from my goal weight of 165 for a few months. So, I'm going to use Fit Day for a while and see what happens.
cthompson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I also am a veteran Weight Watcher. It just got too expensive. I had been going for several years and lost 108#. I am now going to TOPS and I love it!
Candy
Antiquelover52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthompson01 View Post
Hello:

As the title says, I stopped the Weight Watchers program today. I lost about 60 pounds on the program over the past 2+ years. Problem is I have been 5lbs away from my goal weight of 165 for a few months. So, I'm going to use Fit Day for a while and see what happens.
I am stopping my WW today too. I lost weight well with WW 20 years ago, but that was when they told you what to eat and how much rather than giving you a free reign! The free reign obviously does not work for me!!! Its not working and after joining Fitday I am shocked to see how much fat I am eating and how little protein. This last week I have upped my protein intake and lowered my fat intake, and its weigh in tonight so I'll see how I have done.
elljak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I found a meeting close by to my house and I am going to try it out - I can use all the support I can get - I had never heard of it before your post, so thank you!

Regarding TOPS!

Last edited by Deanna0404; 08-20-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Deanna0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default WW

I did WW years ago, lost about 20Lbs then put it back on. I just couldn't curb the cravings, and although I lost weight I didn't really lose fat - I just lost "weight."

I usually recommend everyone read "Good Calories, Bad Calories." The author addresses a lot of issues, including why people don't end up losing that last bit of weight regardless of caloric intake or exercise. I bet you can find it at the library. I did.
Barryman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna0404 View Post
I found a meeting close by to my house and I am going to try it out - I can use all the support I can get - I had never heard of it before your post, so thank you!

Regarding TOPS!
What is TOPS? I quit WW about 8 months ago. I got tired of paying 40.00 a month to hear the same advice over and over again. Sure, the motivation was nice, but in the end I gained back all the weight because WW didn't do much to help me with my emotional eating. I decided to take my 40.00 a month and spend it on a gym membership. So far, I'm using it.
Foodjunkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
FitDay Member

WW never really worked for me. Everytime I tried it, I'd lose 15 lbs., then my entire body went nuts. Instead of blood sugar, A1C and blood pressure going down, they went up! I also had horrible gastro-intestinal issue (you don't want to know).

I went off, gained back the 15 lbs I lost plus 25. Then last summer, after a lot of research, I tried Akins. Within a month, all my sympotoms cleared up. I didn't stick with it (looking for a new job, moving, etc.) but just this past month I joined Fitday, read "Protien Power" (seems to upset people less than Akins) and joined a gym.

Here's to hope!
cozycataloger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Arrow T.o.p.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodjunkiegirl View Post
What is TOPS? I quit WW about 8 months ago. I got tired of paying 40.00 a month to hear the same advice over and over again. Sure, the motivation was nice, but in the end I gained back all the weight because WW didn't do much to help me with my emotional eating. I decided to take my 40.00 a month and spend it on a gym membership. So far, I'm using it.
FGJ: If memory serves me right, TOPS stands for Take Off Pounds Sensibly. It usually is a group of people who do just what we are here, encouraging each other. I went to one about 25 years ago, so I am fuzzy about if you weigh in there or not. Maybe someone else can elaborate more.
The group I belonged to was fun and we shared ideas, did games and sometimes crafts. I remember once I made a costume and went dressed as a Daffodil...shiver...I can still see that big ol' yellow flower petal head piece I made. I am SO glad that it was before digital, camera phones and Facebook. LOL
carrenross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I've also been on WW, off & on, and a true believer, for20 yrs. I've gained and sot numerous times over this period of time to the point that my metabolism is now non-existent.
I just heard about, & started, HCG, which at first glance appears, crazy, until u read all the material, pros & cons. I'm loving it so far, dropped 9 lbs in 6 days. I'm hopeful this could be the answer for me.
Good luck!
Jmiller0212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default WW

WW is great if you follow it correctly.
As another said, it is too lenient. It is too easy to use up your points eating junk.

I was ALWAYS hungry! But if followed right, it is good for some people.
AuroraA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glycemic index