Notices

Stopped Weight Watchers today.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Canary, No I don't binge, ever... ever! Not since June 1990 when I read the book and quit artificially restricting my eating. Bingeing is nothing more than an exaggerated response to the feast/famine cycle... make-up eating in the extreme. I'm not doing that anymore. It's not an emotional issue.

I use Fit Day as an occasional tool to see if I'm eating enough protein to support what I'm trying to accomplish in the gym. I don't restrict calories. If I'm hungry more so one day than another day, I eat until I'm satisfied... and I'm thin.

Noel
Old 12-19-2010, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

You are my hero.

I can't wait to read this book. It was a holiday present to myself.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Canary, you are one open-minded person and I predict you will "get it" big time! And there will never be a day when you say "39 years" of diets. Hooray! This coming year I hope you can write in your journal "no more diets!" ... Noel
Old 12-19-2010, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Noel, I certainly hope so. In fact, I am looking forward... and thank you so much for your encourgement and support. You are a very generous person to try and help like this.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

You, Canary, will be inspirational to yourself and your young daughter! Becomming naturally thin is a process that happens over time, over many SEASONS, not overnight. It is a great, great joy to me to find like-minded people who are persistently looking for different solutions and willing to ask themselves "how can I see this differently?" When most people want to lose weight, they look to other people who are overweight and going hungry...and maybe have been "thin" for about 15 minutes. Why not look for naturally thin people and ask them what THEY do? For sure they don't do shots, pills, pre-packaged food, low carb/high carb, or fad diets.

I live near Summit County, UT which is the ONLY county in the USA where the adult population meets the government goal of having less than 15% overweight persons. How can we raise healthy children when the parents don't set the example?

By the way, I'm having lunch: two slices whole wheat bread with peanut butter and jam! Not diet bread either! ...Noel
Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Whereas I am still counting calories. I do eat real bread (and sometimes diet bread.) I do have trouble controlling my appetite.

My child is in her teens, so not so young.

Still the thin people I know are not on diets. They do not however eat a lot.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Congratulations on losing 60 pounds!
My husband and I did WW and had lots of success with it.
I think it is a very good program. I also think the support and accountability is extremely valuable. Some say it is a little expensive, but honestly, I would not agree with that.
The only negative in my opinion, is that they should probably be more forthright about how it is best to greatly limit sweets, packaged foods, and other items known to be unhealthy.
True, natural foods are going to be less points. But, when I was involved, this was not usually emphasized.
I noticed that some people could on their own or perhaps in combination/conjunction with advice from their doctor, etc. make a personal decision to avoid unhealthy foods AND use the WW program. These folks had the best success all around....losing weight, enjoying great health AND keeping it off.
I'm not doing WW anymore, but I understand the new program is much better w/ reference to taking into consideration this type of thing. For example....fruits are 0 points...and most 'junk' food is very high in points....thus encouraging members to make better choices.
As I've gotten older (40+) I have noticed that they quality of my food has more influence than ever on weight loss. In my opinion it is not just quanity, but also quality.
Still think WW is a good program, but it is best to eat healthy foods, AVOID junk foods, and enjoy all that support and accountability.
Also think Fit Day is excellent. Provides some of the same things...plus the reports, etc.! Good luck CT!!! If the scale goes up...please don't hesitate to go back to WW. You can "tweek" it as appropriate...chosing the healthiest foods out there.
Wishing you success either way!!!!!
Hang in there!!!!!

Last edited by AAFlaca; 01-22-2011 at 04:15 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

I just joined myfitday.com today. WW works, I have lost 40 pounds but find it expensive. In addition, they keep changing the program in a way that all the previous tools (slider, recipes, points) no longer work. They are making more money & I was getting more frustrated.

I think this kind of tracking may work for me... I need it!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lahila
I just joined myfitday.com today. WW works, I have lost 40 pounds but find it expensive. In addition, they keep changing the program in a way that all the previous tools (slider, recipes, points) no longer work. They are making more money & I was getting more frustrated.

I think this kind of tracking may work for me... I need it!
Welcome, Lahila.

I agree that WW works--in past weight loss journies I used the original point formula on my own (it's a pretty simple formula, actually, and very easy to put into a spreadsheet) and lost weight. At the end of the day, it is simply a way to "mask" to some extent the maintaing of a daily calorie deficit (which is, of course, the ONLY way, short of cutting off body parts, to lose weight).

So, I wholeheartedly support your move to FitDay. It's worked for me!

If you have any questions or would like any advice, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-05-2011, 02:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Wow. I'm surprised how my original post took off.

To re-cap. WW helped me lose close to 60lbs. I just couldn't drop the last few pounds.

With that said, I understand that they re-vamped their program for 2011. My company will pay for 8 weeks of the program (we have on site meetings) so I may give it a shot on the next rotation.

In the meantime I'm happy to say that I have don e a good job maintaining my weight with help from Fitday.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.