Stopped Weight Watchers today. >

Stopped Weight Watchers today.

Community
Notices

Stopped Weight Watchers today.

Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I love WW. If they tell you what to eat, they're wrong. If they DON'T tell you what to eat, they're wrong. If they give you an option of having your ice cream and saving calories, they're wrong because they have a product. If they didn't give you an option of having your ice cream and saving calories, they're wrong because they make you deal with all the products out there and don't tell you what has the best value.

If you have to go to meetings, they're wrong. If you don't have to go to meetings, they're wrong ('how am I expected to do this difficult thing without the support!) If they tell you exactly how much protein to eat, they're wrong - it's not enough, it's too much. If they don't tell you how much protein to eat, they're wrong ('irresponsible! useless! What's going to be best for my health!) If they offer motivational talk, they're wrong ('smoke and mirrors, I don't have to listen to this!) If they don't offer motivational talk, they're wrong ('What's the point of showing up, I already know how to diet!")

Whiney, complaining, bitchy grousing about every aspect of dieting - how happy are people that they can blame the big bad organization? Really happy. So you'll always hear negative reports and 'they ruined my life' stories. Meanwhile, go to a meeting and listen to people who have lost weight and realize everyone has an individual goal to reach, they all have information to share, and dieting is tough. Benefit from that realization.
I LOVE this post! . I've heard all of this (both sides) about EVERY program I've looked at...The thing I like about WW is that you eat REAL FOOD. Although they do have a product line, the items are optional rather than required. There are also several recipe options if you need guidance figuring out how to cook in healthier ways (cookbooks, web sites, handouts, etc).

The 0 point fruits and veggies are also a great help, as they are usually high in fiber, and bulk up the amount you can eat, keeping you full longer.

Last edited by 4.a.healthier.me; 07-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.