Notices

Stopped Weight Watchers today.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cthompson01
Hello:

As the title says, I stopped the Weight Watchers program today. I lost about 60 pounds on the program over the past 2+ years. Problem is I have been 5lbs away from my goal weight of 165 for a few months. So, I'm going to use Fit Day for a while and see what happens.
Hi dear member, you can achieve your goal of losing weight by using fresh veggies and have fat free diet, have some cardio along with a little walk. I hope you will do that buddy...
Old 02-24-2011, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

Me too! I'm a guy who almost reached his goal (-25lbs.) on WW online program but I didn't want to keep paying for it. WW works and I learned a lot. Now I'm ready to continue living a healthier life with the help of this new site that I just heard of and leaning into a more vegan lifestyle. I like tracking my food so this site is perfect and free!
Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

I found their new program (PointsPlus) just didn't work for me (and I think alot of others from the sounds of the boards) I find this site does exactly the same as the WW online and more!!and it's FREE!!! I really think the key is keeping a food diary and to see it starring back at you really makes you go hmmmmmm..lol
Old 03-19-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am a very visual person so I log my food for the day in the morning and tweak it if need be later on. I really am doing well losing a pound a week and eating delicious food and lots of it. I have discovered lentils and a few other things that fill me up and make me very happy! For Saturday night dinner my hubby actually Bought a pizza...first take out food in 6 weeks and I have allowed myself the one fifth serving size, in the old days it would have been half!!

I have lost 35 lbs just eating good fresh food with the odd slice of fresh pizza thrown in and I have done it without paying a company a cent. If you go "on" a program it seems you would have to go "off" it at some point, this way it is like Nike says..."Just do it!!".

Thank you Fitday for the opportunity to come in here everyday and use what you have put out there for us, it is much appreciated!!

Meggie
Old 05-16-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Having done Atkins, and cut carbs for a couple of years, during which time I actually gained weight, I went back to WW, which I HATED and didn't want to do again.

Why did I go back when I hated WW so much? Because I noticed one day, as I put all my weights (that I had recorded here in Fitday over the years) in a simple list, that I had lost weight (slowly, but I lost) at WW and gained weight when not going to WW and doing the low-carb diet.

By the way, you always have your metabolism. You don't lose it or damage it irreparably when you lose and gain weight. You'd be hard pressed to find the body of evidence in scientific studies that proves that conclusively. But people always say that about metabolism, and repeat it, and use it as some kind of explanation for something, I'm not sure what.

It's about calories. (Points in WW, but calories, basically). How healthy are the calories you're eating is important, but you lose weight when there's a calorie deficit. And you expend more than you take in. Boring, boring, boring, I know....
Old 06-13-2011, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default Question?????

Has anyone added dietary supplements thier regimen of workout and eating right to help burn fat?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

I liked WW's but, I used a lot of points for sugary things. It was years ago but i remember a Blow Pop was only one point, woohoo Blow pop heaven ROFL. I did lose weight on it, but always gained it right back.

I tried Fat Smash and that was the best diet for me. There are 4 phases, but every time I got to phase 3, I wouldn't lose or even gained. They allow too many foods in my opinion. So when I do Fat Smash I stick to the first two levels and lose good amount of weight.

Im a yo yo dieter, someday I hope to stop and just stay at the weight I lose.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

I understand that WW is about counting points but do those point equate to a LOW CALORIE diet program or what exactly? I'm curious cuz I've thought about trying it to see if it would show me what percentage I should be consuming of Carbs / Protein / Fat but don't want simply a low calorie DIET that I can't maintain and then, as you have indicated for yourself, just gain the weight back once you up the calories to a NORMAL level. Thanks
Old 04-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

It's a lower-calorie program (calories, 'points,' are lowered gradually). The points are weighted to give more emphasis to fiber and lean foods (less-fat). You can eat things that are higher-fat, but this will show up in your points (not unlike how they show up in more calories, because fat is high-calorie stuff). There's an incentive to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits because they are 'free' (zero points). Everything gets counted. If you don't count but just go with the general precepts of the diet plan, you will still lose weight. But if you're not losing weight with that laissez-faire approach, you need to count. Then, all the calorie-dense foods become apparent, especially considering portions!
Old 05-15-2012, 06:30 PM
FitDay Member

Yoga exercises keep our mind fresh and tension free. After doing yoga, one feels refreshed in the morning and the bowel movement is proper. Yoga is the best thing to lose your weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.