Notices

HCG Diet - Homeopathic version

Old 02-15-2011, 03:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Primal-Lioness
No, I wouldn't recommend it as it is not part of the original protocol.

There are lots of recipes out there to make beef, chicken and fish, shrimp interesting!!!

I am on Round 2, VLCD 2 and I am down 3.4 pounds.
Hi! I read some of your posts and I got encouraged to see someone who has the same conditions as me. I, too have a pituitary tumor and PCOS which makes it very hard for me to lose weight. I tried the HCG drops but didn't seem to work on me so I thought maybe HCG doesn't work on people with pituitary tumors. (I was devastated). Now I'm glad to have found someone that was successful. Where do you buy your injections from, and can you share a bit of your story? Just for encouragement. I really need to lose around 40 pounds.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Plateau?

Hi, I'm on day 14 with this diet and have hit a wall...am following the diet to the "t"...but haven't lost in a few days. Any ideas?
Old 02-18-2011, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mkerns1234
Hi, I'm on day 14 with this diet and have hit a wall...am following the diet to the "t"...but haven't lost in a few days. Any ideas?
have you tried eating only apples for a day. 5 apples may do the trick.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike, I will try that this week.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mkerns1234
Thanks Mike, I will try that this week.
just for 1 day.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Don't bash HCG until you read about it

For those who are negative to HCG, you need to read the original manuscript Pounds and Inches: A New Approach to Obesity by Dr. A.T.W. Simeons before you decide this is a bad way to lose weight. FYI: I am doing well too!

Last edited by LizzieB88; 03-05-2011 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Didn't realize I wasn't answering last year's message
Old 03-11-2011, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

The drops are not healthy unless given by a doctor because the hcg has been cut so many times there is none in there. Pure hCG when taken gives your body 2000 calories to burn a day plus is releases stored fat for your body to burn. Thats why you can get by on such low cals. It also helps to support your vital organs !
Old 03-31-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

So how are our HCGr's doing?

My co-worker's husband is going to start the Dr. administered drops in a week or so. His boss is paying for it, so it's an incentive to succeed.

This is my first real-life experience with seeing what HCG can do so I'm very interested in how this turns out.

I do hope it works for him. He had a dietician friend make up a full exercise plan, eating plan with daily menus, calorie counts, the whole works. I believe he stayed on it for, at most, a week.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
FitDay Member

Many give up in the first week because it is rough at first. You are going through sugar/starch withdrawal and detoxing (symptoms are headaches, lightheadedness - totally normal for the start week of the protocol but all disappear by about the 5th or 6th day). Most are hungry that first few days too if they don't load properly. But if they stick with it, it gets much, much easier and the pounds seem to melt off, especially for men.

I just finished a 40 injection round over a week ago and now am in a 3 week maintenance phase. I lost 40 pounds and am stabilizing beautifully. I am eating around 1600-2000 calories per day at this point and have remained in my 2 pound window.

Make sure your friend sticks to the original "Pounds & Inches" protocol by Dr. Simeons. Many doctors try to alter the original protocol and it really is a disservice to the patient because they dont lose as well and many do not stabilize properly afterward, and hence, gain the weight back. If he follows protocol to the "T", the success rate is amazing.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Oh forgot to mention... Tell him to be careful with the exercise program if he was not an exerciser beforehand. You are not advised to start an exercise routine during this protocol other than casual walking because it will cause all kinds of issues (stalling, water retension, low energy, etc).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.