FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   HCG Diet - Homeopathic version (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/1731-hcg-diet-homeopathic-version.html)

reaton2010 09-01-2010 03:12 AM

I just finished 5 months of HCG injections and have lost 67 pounds! I feel wonderful and never felt hungry, weak, tired, or deprived. I've learned to eat a lot of veggies without adding fat. The I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray is so close to the taste of butter, I think I can do without butter now. I highly recommend this diet to anyone that can't seem to drop weight any other way. I am hypothyroid and could not drop any weight. I still have 7 lbs to get to my goal but I'm going to eat healthy and start walking and see if I can do it myself. If I can't do it, I will go back on HCG for a week or 2 and hit my goal. Loving life right now.:D

rdrew5762 09-01-2010 03:47 AM

I was reading some of the positive and negative comments and thought i'd put in my two cents. I am taking sublingual HCG(Releana) under the guidance of a doctor. The first thing she required was us to buy a scale that would measure body fat %, water content %, etc. I thought that most of the weight loss would be water, but i was wrong. You can actually watch your fat content go down while maintaining the same water content. I have lost around 15 lbs in one week while actually upping my body's water content. Hard to believe, but it really works this way. I won't lie, the diet is tough. 500 calories doesn't go very far, but considering that that you are burning around 3000 a day you can see why the stored fat would dissapear. Hope this helps.....

Jmiller0212 09-01-2010 08:56 AM

Diet choices for hcg

I've seen many of them but was referred to hcgdietinanutshell.com and so far, after review of many others, they appear to be less expensive while still a good product. I'm on day 8 total and so far am loving it! Having no issues at all with hunger, headaches, etc....Have lost 8 lbs in the 5 days on the VLCD and feeling lighter already! I have researched a lot and not found anything negative about this diet from those that have actually tried or researched it. I'm still positive and hoping this could be the one thing that works for me after many months/year of nothing working at all.

jlcress 09-01-2010 09:20 AM

Thank you all for your comments on this! I just wanted to jump in...I'm doing this change with JMiller0202 at our work, and she is inspiring me already, only in day 8. I am a fitness person--lifter, marathon runner etc, but this last year my body's metabolism hit a wall and I have had no luck, no matter what I do with all the personal training knowledge I have, at losing any weight. This program has a lot of medical background and knowledge, and I think that if you put the time into researching and not blindly following/buying, it seems like it could be just the right thing for those who need it. Not every plan is for everyone...but those of you who have your successes on here, and who are writing of their journeys-thank you! Please continue to update us on your progress!
I am in the first 1-2 day phase...aka: I'm SO SICK of eating! Literally SICK to my stomach! hahaha....needless to say, for someone who previously has been afraid to eat LESS than 1500 calories for the amount of workouts I do, my fear of 500 calories is dissapating as I long for a break from food! ;) I have 15 lbs to lose, and I'll keep you all informed as to how this works to break my struggles with plateaus!
Thanks everyone!

noelminneci 09-02-2010 06:04 AM

Hey Karen, I'm totally on the same page with you. I would never starve my body like that in a million years! I've been Naturally Thin for over 20 years without dieting at all, ever. I have two friends who went on the hcg diet. One lost over 100 pounds and is now gaining it back and the other woman got really, really sick and ended up in the hospital. And this is a GOOD thing?! I'm 65 years old, female, I lift weights and eat healthy. I feel sorry for those people eating so little food, even 1200 calories isn't enough fuel.

Jmiller0212 09-02-2010 10:00 AM

Can you really call 60 years a fad? I go back to my original statement which is unless you have done all (or any) research, it is hard to comment about something, positively or negatively.

Primal-Lioness 09-03-2010 12:14 AM

Good morning everyone. My normal eating plan is Primal Blue Print, however I wasn't losing any weight with that plan, which my doctor could not figure out......

Since I have problems with my Pituitary, Thyroid, Adrenal Glands and HypoThalamus, my doctor recommended the Simeons Protocol (HCG diet).

My first round I did homeopathic HCG and I lost 15 pounds (246-231) from July 23 to August 15.

I got a prescription for the HCG injections the other day and have started them yesterday along with my loading. I am doing 4 load days to ensure that I am not going to be hungry. The protocol says you can load from 2-7 days, so I went for the middle of the road and with a holiday weekend, it makes it very easy........LOL

I find that those people that bash or say negative things do not know lickity split about the Simeons Protocol.

The fact that it mobilizes thousands of calories from the fat in your body burning makes it safe. Your only eating the 500 calories to keep the metabolism up.

The HCG has taken away my appetite already to the point that I am having a hard time loading because I am not hungry. I hate forcing myself to eat.

I have bought stuff that I never eat anymore since I have went to the Primal Plan..........
I ate this yesterday:
Zingers
Donuts
Ate McDonalds
Ate Fettucine from a restaurant anymore............
I ate whoppers from Burger King yesterday

Today I don't know what my load is going to be as I'm not hungry. Maybe milk shakes..............

Primal-Lioness 09-03-2010 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jmiller0212 (Post 20189)
Can you really call 60 years a fad? I go back to my original statement which is unless you have done all (or any) research, it is hard to comment about something, positively or negatively.

I agree with this statement.

How can anyone comment in any way on something they know absolutely nothing about............

The plan was thoroughly researched from the 1940's and started being implemented in the 1950's and then on through now...............

It works, its not unhealthy and I feel great also.

I ask, please............before anyone else says anything negative, please read and research it. Even if it is something that you wold never do.

I, personally, don't want to hear anyone's comments if you haven't read the Manuscript.

Primal-Lioness 09-03-2010 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pnut362 (Post 20241)
Well I sure didn't mean to strike a nerve with anyone and apparently I did. I have been in the Healthcare industry for 10 years. I have looked the diet over. I still would not do it. Its always going to be personal preference what you do to your body.

But I def wouldn't be "happy" that I ate McDonalds or Burger King or any of that other so called "food".

Well, that is not in my normal eating plan. I am only eating it to ensure that I have enough fat in my blood stream not to be hungry when I start the low calorie portion.

It seems as though you only posted to get people amped up. Again, I will say this...........if you haven't read the manuscript, understand the science behind it then why comment?????

Savanatbunnie 09-04-2010 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by alisonrae24 (Post 18466)
Well, I would imagine that it would be reasonable to assume that I am dehydrated. However, I am drinking at least approx. 12 cups of water a day (my 1 liter sigg and at least 3 glasses of my 2.5 cup glasses a day), I drink 4 cups of coffee in the morning and usually 3-4 cups of herbal tea through out the day. Do you still think I am dehydrated?:confused:

Even so, I have learned portion control at the very least! I feel healthy, in fact I feel great. I had four cups of coffee this morning, a foreman grilled perfect portion purdue chicken breast with two handfuls of red leaf lettuce for lunch, and just ate a grapefruit for snack. I have already had three of my 2.5 cup glasses (its 4:40pm here) and I plan on eating a foreman grilled white turkey breast patty and two handfuls of Romain lettuce for dinner. My even have an apple for an evening snack. Oh, and some tea.

So, I guess I will just have to keep everyone posted on my progress and I will let you know if the weight just comes right back after Phase 3.

Thanks for your concern. :)

OMG, if I ate as little as this, the weight would fall off me, regardless of any drops. Surely it is the low cal intake not any hyped up drops which is making you lose weight?? :confused: