FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   HCG Diet - Homeopathic version (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/1731-hcg-diet-homeopathic-version.html)

mecompco 03-31-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by tskamanian (Post 42010)
Many give up in the first week because it is rough at first. You are going through sugar/starch withdrawal and detoxing (symptoms are headaches, lightheadedness - totally normal for the start week of the protocol but all disappear by about the 5th or 6th day). Most are hungry that first few days too if they don't load properly. But if they stick with it, it gets much, much easier and the pounds seem to melt off, especially for men.

I just finished a 40 injection round over a week ago and now am in a 3 week maintenance phase. I lost 40 pounds and am stabilizing beautifully. I am eating around 1600-2000 calories per day at this point and have remained in my 2 pound window.

Make sure your friend sticks to the original "Pounds & Inches" protocol by Dr. Simeons. Many doctors try to alter the original protocol and it really is a disservice to the patient because they dont lose as well and many do not stabilize properly afterward, and hence, gain the weight back. If he follows protocol to the "T", the success rate is amazing.

Originally Posted by tskamanian (Post 42011)
Oh forgot to mention... Tell him to be careful with the exercise program if he was not an exerciser beforehand. You are not advised to start an exercise routine during this protocol other than casual walking because it will cause all kinds of issues (stalling, water retension, low energy, etc).

Thank you for the insight. He has severe hip/knee issues (I believe both have been replaced at least once) so I don't think he'll be doing any intense exercising. I'll post up about his success.

Regards,
Michael

shibaluvr 04-03-2011 01:33 PM

I have a comment

I have read every single comment here. I have also read the research. I do not think this is a fad. I won't be doing this diet, but I have a friend who is interested in it and I am encouraging her.

Safety in diets. We all talk about this. We worry about which ones are safe and which ones aren't. Weightloss surgery works for many, and for some it has caused problems. The overall safety is ok, and the severe reduction of calories in this type of weightloss is severe as well. Those who are much healthier as a result of this are grateful and happy. Those who are not, aren't. Losing weight with liquid fasting under doctor's care brings quick results and it is still out there and people are doing it knowing at the end they will have to contend with keeping weight off once food is reintroduced. Some are ecstatic. Some regain. The truth is, dieting is uncomfortable because we've gotten ourselves in trouble with food in this country. Fast food, restaurants, frozen dinners, quick and easy, high fat, calorie dense, nutritionally void, it's what's done us in. Let's drop trans fat into this list as well.

So congratulations to all for whom this is working. Hang in there, and if you can't try something else. There is more than one way to lose weight out here. HOWEVER, without a doubt there was one way we all became fat and need to find our way back to health and a healthy eating lifestyle.

Staying fat is death. That's true for every single one of us.

Ethanel 04-09-2011 04:55 AM

Hi,
Its good to read about you that your are getting benefit...
I suggest you that be regular with it .....
Thanks for sharing..

curlyq1976 04-09-2011 06:55 AM

I too have done this diet it was great. I find it amusing to read peoples opinions on a diet that they have not researched. I lost 21 lbs in 20 days. I have now kept it of for 2 months after my last drop date. Losing this weight quickly gave me the motivation to keep going after a lot of failed attempts. People who think that I stored 21 lbs in water are crazy, obviously the first few pounds is water but after that please. Since the deit targets abnormal fat stores I notice the diffrences in my bad spots (not my chest for once lol). The diet takes into account your lack of protein and that is why you are required to eat so much of it. Reminder people before you have an opinion do the research. As for health I think I was a greater risk being obese then the possible side effects that are few and far between.

sarkai90 04-19-2011 10:03 AM

I've known a few people to try this diet, including my mom, and not a single one kept the weight off long term. Maybe it lasted months or even a year or two, but it's a diet, not a lifestyle change. I also think you'd lose as quickly on a 500 calorie a day diet without spending the money on HCG, but then it would just be called an eating disorder.

LisaAnnie 05-09-2011 08:37 AM

It will be a diet - or a lifestyle change - depending on what one makes of it. ANY weight loss plan is temporary and will lead to a maintenance WOE (way of eating) OR people will revert back to what made them fat in the first place. You can't blame the diet, if someone blows their own maintenance.

The HCG diet is extreme, but it's full of healthy, fresh whole foods. No processed crap, no sugars, and built in portion control. Those are good things that everyone who is trying to lose should practice. I did a round of hcg dieting last winter and lost 33 lbs. I've kept it off. The reason I've kept it off is I know I cannot eat the way I used to, and I've retrained my body to enjoy different kinds of foods. My snack of choice now, is fresh strawberries, or stuffed celery.

I've made a conscious decision to live differently. My motto is eat like your great grandma did, if you could have found it on your great grandparents table then it's OK to eat. If you can make it from scratch like your great grandma did, then it's OK to eat too.... moderation called for when needed. If I want pasta or a cookie, then I must be prepared to spend the time to make them from scratch, so I'm not eating that kind of stuff every day.

01gt4.6 05-09-2011 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by LisaAnnie (Post 45989)
It will be a diet - or a lifestyle change - depending on what one makes of it. ANY weight loss plan is temporary and will lead to a maintenance WOE (way of eating) OR people will revert back to what made them fat in the first place. You can't blame the diet, if someone blows their own maintenance.

The HCG diet is extreme, but it's full of healthy, fresh whole foods. No processed crap, no sugars, and built in portion control. Those are good things that everyone who is trying to lose should practice. I did a round of hcg dieting last winter and lost 33 lbs. I've kept it off. The reason I've kept it off is I know I cannot eat the way I used to, and I've retrained my body to enjoy different kinds of foods. My snack of choice now, is fresh strawberries, or stuffed celery.

I've made a conscious decision to live differently. My motto is eat like your great grandma did, if you could have found it on your great grandparents table then it's OK to eat. If you can make it from scratch like your great grandma did, then it's OK to eat too.... moderation called for when needed. If I want pasta or a cookie, then I must be prepared to spend the time to make them from scratch, so I'm not eating that kind of stuff every day.

That's the key. The people that I know that did hCG had great success and they've maintained b/c they changed their lifestyle. If someone can't change for the long haul, don't blame the diet.