Notices
Like Tree3Likes

Sugar Free is the way to go

Old 03-17-2017, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sugar Free is the way to go

I cut out all refined sugars around 3 weeks ago, and I can already tell it was a great decision. I am down 12 lbs, and feel amazing, sleeping like a baby, and have more energy. I have been keeping a food log on this site and it has helped me a great deal.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

That's not easy to give up! So, congratulations!
Old 04-07-2017, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

the key is to cut it slowly, so you won't get all crazy after a while and start using it even more! Congrats
Old 04-16-2017, 11:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Michaeldennismartin
I cut out all refined sugars around 3 weeks ago, and I can already tell it was a great decision. I am down 12 lbs, and feel amazing, sleeping like a baby, and have more energy. I have been keeping a food log on this site and it has helped me a great deal.
cool, dont give up!!!
Old 04-25-2017, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

I am just starting a 7 day sugar detox as part of my 30 day NutraChallenge! So far so good. Lots of energy, feeling great, no cravings. I'm drinking lots!
Old 05-01-2017, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

I gave up sugar, bread, pasta, rice.. all refined carbs last August 16, so far ive shed 35kg of my hefty 148kg body....The first few weeks were probably the hardest and i do at times get a bit of a craving, especially if i smell or see some of my old addiction foods, but mostly it hasn't been too difficult to do. My weight loss has slowed down now, and ive had about 3 plateau periods of about 3 weeks each, in that time the scales have fluctuated up and down or stayed the same. I just give myself a few more calories for several days, then go back to it. Im very proud of myself and more to the point, Im feeling healthier in my body. I set myself a first goal of 100kgs, Im just over 13kg off that.....I haven't given myself any time frames at all....and i don't class this as a diet at all but a lifestyle change for the improvement of my health and well being....Be proud of yourselves, any weight loss is a good loss, and don't be hard on yourselves if you make a mistake and slip up......straight away put it behind you and keep going......be positive and don't punish yourselves, love yourselves no matter what.....no matter what ...cheers
Blackswan_ and Jeskalo like this.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

You would think it would be quite hard to give up sugar, but once your body has got past the craving for it, you'll feel so much better and lighter!
Old 06-09-2017, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats! Sugar is one of the easiest ways to take in calories, so I bet cutting out refined sugars has also helped you remove unnecessary sources of extra calories. Keep it up.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:22 PM
FitDay Member

Sugar is so addictive, so good job cutting it out. It's literally in everything these days. Unfortunately it is considered normal to consume crazy amounts of sugar The only sugar in my diet comes from fruit... The first month was super hard when trying to cut down but if you eliminate it completely, the cravings go away 100%.
Kathy13118 likes this.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:32 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on taking such a hard decision. I've been trying to quite for while but it's a difficult task especially during the first few weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.