Notices

Starting Induction Day 1 (low carb)

Old 07-26-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Starting Induction Day 1 (low carb)

Hey everyone I'm new to this board but been on different ones in the past. I hope to meet some nice people on here and get some advice or maybe I can help someone....

I'm starting a low carb or if you want to call it Atkins I guess it is. I've done this before and low lots of weight and also felt so good on it. I don't know why i stop I guess I get bored but I do love meat, veggie, and salad so this way of eating should be good for me. It puts me in a better mood and have more energy....THE only down fall the the darn second day of low carbing I get a huge headache and sick most of the day...I hate that and nothing will get ride of that headache unless someone knows something I can do or take to help it? lol thats tomorrow too so feel free to tell me you here lol.

If anyone what to join me feel free might be fun

Wish me luck
Old 07-26-2010, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck! For the 'detox' I think you just have to tough it out. The first week or two might be tough, but you will get through. Have a look at Mark's Daily Apple for some further information on a no grain-real food lifestyle. Loads of good info over there.

It is also good to have some new recipes to try that fit into your lifestyle. Google cauliflower crusted pizza for starters. It was reassuring to know that I could eat this way (Primal) and not have to go without pizza!

There are substitutes for pretty much anything (and good ones!) just explore the internet for recipes and you won't feel like you are missing out whatsoever. In fact, after awhile you start to feel like you have uncovered a hidden gem and you want to share it's glow with everyone because you are feeling so great!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

OK finish one week induction and lost 6 pounds and feeling great.....
Old 08-02-2010, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

I started South Beach yesterday. I have a competition with my husband. We re both trying to lose 25 pounds, first one pays the other one $500 bucks! We are not rich, so that is plenty of incentive to get us going and working on it on a consistent basis. Today is the 2nd day and it is hard for me too. I dont get headaches but I feel hungry, even though I just ate- it is like I am craving something- so I eat more veggies. I like them too.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

I did Atkins a few years ago and lost 30lbs and kept it off for a year until my husband lost his job and started doing the cooking. I was working 60 hrs a week and would come in to fried foods, starches galore and no salads or things I could really eat. Then I developed tumors on my thyroid and had to have it removed. So now I have little metabolism and it is way harder to lose the weight. I've tried the low calorie diet for over a month and only lost 6lbs. So yesterday I started back on the low carb diet. Hopefully I will see better results. I also found that Atkins have really good snack bars at a decent price. I really love the breakfast bars for on the go. It also has a candy bar type one that you can have on all phases of the atkins diet. Just check the back of the box and it tells you what phase you can use it for.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default starting kind of a low carb diet...

i'm trying the hcg drops low carb low calorie diet. my husband did it last month and he lost 35# in 4 weeks. it's only 500 calories, but you just eat smaller portions and still lots of green veggies. it's 3.5 oz of lean meat like chicken and fish and 2 cups of the same vegetable at lunch and dinner. today is my first diet day after 2 load days where you eat high fat foods to get you prepared for the low calorie days. hopefully we'll all help encourage each other
Old 08-03-2010, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

DanaCaldarera could you please post your stats? Where did you start at and what's your goal?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Induction phase again for me too

I tried the hcg diet and lost alot of weight, however I also lost alot of muscle, I was very protein deficient and thought the best way for me to lose weight and restore my body composition is to try Atkins. I hope to lose the last 10 pounds and would love to support everyone else.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Ok down 4 more pounds on week 2...so tatal of 10 so for. I thought I'd lose more like the first week but it's ok as long as I'm losing is fine with me.

I'm not drinking enough water at all I know that.maybe I should try.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:10 AM
FitDay Member

Has anyone ever tried the Atkins after another diet, i.e. after having lost already the initial weight that you lose with any diet? I had done 2.5 wk of a home-made diet and THEN switched to Atkins and I don't think I'm losing much, at least not as much as you guys are reporting (6-8lb/wk). Any thoughts?
DanaCaldarera, congrats for your weight loss, that's awsome! Are you going to continue induction or go on to phase 2?