fat to skinny results? >

fat to skinny results?

Community
Notices

fat to skinny results?

Old 07-13-2010, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Question fat to skinny results?

Has anyone tried this diet? I read the book, it is a low sugar diet, looks a lot like Atkins.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

I have been on it since 08/06/2011.

I lost 8 pounds in the first few days, but am currently on a 5-day plateau. But I'm not worried.

It's similar to newer Adkins diet except there is more emphasis on eating good (i.e. high fiber) carbs and there is an expectation that folks get some excercise (at least walking) to keep the metabolism running correctly. More strenuous excercise is ok too if one is up to it.

But if you read the book "FAT to Skinny" by Doug Varrieuer, you should already know this.

I find my energy levels have gone up since I've been on it.
My current plateau, I've been told, is due to my body adjusting itself to this new lifestyle.
The weight should continue coming off in a few days.

This is one lifestyle I could EASILY do for the rest of my life.
The trick is to avoid boredom by taking advantage of the 1000's of low-carb recipes out there. Just Google around and you'll find a truckload.

I saw my doctor yesterday and he's thrilled at how well I'm doing in such a short time on in the FTS lifestyle. When I see him again in February 2011, he expects I will have lost enough weight so that he can take me off my high blood pressure and blood sugar managing drugs. This alone has given me enough of a morale boost to keep me going for the long haul.