Notices

Thin Within

Old 07-13-2010, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Thin Within

About 1 1/2 years ago I started the "Thin Within" program - it is a Christian based weight loss program using the bible as your guide. Unfortunately I never got passed chapter 2 because I got pregnant (this was a good thing).

However, the one thing I did learn in the first two chapters was that you have to find your 5. What this means is that on a scale from 0 to 10, 0 is starving and 10 is so full that you feel like you want to throw up. The goal is to find your mid point and stop eating at that point. It sounds simple but it really isn't; it took me about 1 month to figure out my 5 and I still often struggle stopping there.

My mother-in-law lost approx 90lbs in one year with this program (she did the whole book in a bible study group) and has kept it off; unfortunately she cannot exercise due to physical issues so I'm sure she could lose more if she were able.

My best friend and I started with a personal trainer today and I know that with the physical activity will come mental health as well as physical health. Although my trainer says 6 meals a day I will still focus on my "5" so that I maintain self-control and stay focused on God as I know that he will be with me in this process.

I don't know if this will help anyone but I thought I'd share. By the way, I am 40 years old - 5' 11" - 265 lbs. - a mother of a 14 month old - and a former competition swimmer. When I graduated high school I weight 176lbs and stayed that weight until the age of 34 when "Life Happened" and led to my unfortunate weight gain. Life is good now and I am ready for my journey to outer peace as I have achieved inner peace.

Good luck to all of you! Keep the faith and remember that nothing worthwhile comes easy!
Old 07-15-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I have been trying to lose weight on my own and recently came across the First Place 4 Health books on christianbooks.com. I am doing the Begin with Christ Bible study with a girlfriend and we are both doing great! They include a daily lesson, memory verse, recipes, prayer request form, and food journal. We are meeting once a week to weigh and talk about what we have learned. Once we reach our goals, we are hoping to start a larger group in our church. Today’s lesson was on perseverance. The entire program is very biblically sound and focuses on your entire person, body, soul, and mind, and living your life in a way that is obedient and pleasing to God.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
And so can you!! I’ll be praying for you!