Notices

Has anyone done a detox diet/cleanse

Old 07-07-2010, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Has anyone done a detox diet/cleanse

I'm looking to start a detox cleanse and am trying to figure out which is the best one to do. I don't want to use supplements, etc. I just want to find a good whole body cleanse that offers lists of foods, menus, etc.
Has anyone had good or bad experience with a detox?
Old 07-07-2010, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

I don't personally have any experience with any of the "detox" or "cleanse" products out there, but IMHO the best detoxing happens when you feed your body fresh, whole, unprocessed foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds. They don't have to be raw and you can cook them with all sorts of spices, which are high in antioxidants and potent tonics. You may even consider leaving out meat for a few weeks, and you should feel a significant difference in your energy levels and bowel regularity. After a couple weeks, your body should be flushed of toxins and at least a bit resistant to new damage from pollution and germs.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

I totally agree with Nik. I have tried cleanses in the past and lost up to 11 pounds in a single week-long cleanse but I have always gained it right back as soon as I start eating, even if I am eating healthy and exercising. Cleanses mess with your metabolism because your body goes into starvation mode. You are way better off eating very "clean" and getting lots of antioxidants like Nik advised. This way you keep your energy up and your metabolism in gear.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi. I did the Master Cleanse Diet - the Maple Syrup diet.
It's great! it works, it clears your body of all the toxins and also helps you lose pounds.
I did it for 19 days followed by 2 days of orange juice to help your body digest food again. if you want to know more, msg me. good luck!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

I've gotten the best detox results when I've just followed a raw vegan diet of only organic foods. You can steam veggies as well if its difficult for you to eat raw vegetables. I would say definitely try to go vegan for a while, eat mostly fresh vegetables and fruits with some grains and beans and try to eat as much organic, unprocessed food as possible.

I've tried doing liquid cleanses like the master cleanse or an all juice fast, but I ended up just feeling depleted and tired. Also, you can consume way too much sugar with these methods, especially with the master cleanse.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

In my opinion and from doctors I've talked to cleanses are a scam. Most of those detox/cleanse pills you see being sold just have a bunch of stuff in them to make your poop change all weird colors so it looks like they're working.

Like was already suggested here just start eating a healthy diet of all natural and unprocessed foods. You'll lose weight and feel great, naturally.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Cut grains and processed foods from your diet. Eat meat, veggies, nuts and seeds and you will be cleaner than ever as well as healthier and your excess weight will drop off.

Read the Primal Blueprint. Cleansing your body for days at a time and then filling it up with the garbage that is processed foods/grains is pointless and the weight loss is water weight an unsustainable.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hey there,

I just started a modified detox diet... a natural and organic one. I'm cutting out meat, dairy, preservatives, wheat, caffeine and trying to eat more raw fruits and vegetables. I eat gluten free pasta and crackers with rice cakes for snacks. In my diet you are allowed to steam your vegetables, make smoothies from your fruit and eat homemade soups and chili's too. It recommends lots of water with lemon squeezed in it and caffeine free herbal teas especially peppermint and chamomile. If you don't want to use supplements, which I didn't... are you okay with taking vitamins? Some vitamins can help with detoxing and if not these then there's certain herbal teas that help with certain things. Message me if you want to buddy up with the detox diet. Just to warn you but not scare you... today I was very ill as it's my first day so I would encourage you to make small changes over a long period of time... for instance I decided to start eating new foods and drink more water and eat more vegetables and fruit and then in the next few weeks I will pick a restriction to add each week and hopefully I won't be as sick. Good luck though!
Old 09-28-2016, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up 100% Herbal Detox Tea

Hi KristynBond

Detoxifying your body can have both positive and negative effects on your body. I'd suggest you start on a Saturday or whenever you're off from work.

You may experience headaches, itchiness, drowsiness, acne breakout and other mild reactions. This is because your body is getting rid of toxins.

On the positive note, detox has cleared my skin; solved my constipation and flatulence problems; increased my metabolism and normalized my No.2 issues . It also helped me lose the extra pounds I just couldn't get rid of.
I'd recommend it to anyone.

Originally Posted by KristynBond
I'm looking to start a detox cleanse and am trying to figure out which is the best one to do. I don't want to use supplements, etc. I just want to find a good whole body cleanse that offers lists of foods, menus, etc.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 09-29-2016 at 01:14 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 01-02-2017, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by KristynBond
I have tried detox herbal tea product that helped for my whole body detox. Detox tea has the most important herbs that will help you to eliminate toxins more efficiently. I believe it is a gentle approach to the whole idea of detox and cleansing. The product which I tried was Natural HealthCare Products & Medicine Toronto . I would suggest you to take it twice in between your meals to improve your well-being.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-08-2017 at 01:20 AM. Reason: removed link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.