FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Diets (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/)
-   -   30 pounds in 30 weeks (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/diets/134-30-pounds-30-weeks.html)

Goth Angel 01-12-2010 04:26 PM

30 pounds in 30 weeks

Hi,
I have been on diets constantly and am always and forever looking for a 'quick' way to lose 3-5 pounds in a week or even more. Depending on what the certain diet would promise...Anyway I am by no means overweight, but want to get back to my model body that I once had and loved!!! I have 2 kids, my youngest now 13 months and he is my 'little shining star' while my oldest is my 'sunshine'. Both boys..:D Anyway, I have now decided that I am going to workout 60 minutes a day everyday, no rest (for the wicked!) seriously, I find that when I rest I have a really hard time starting again. It is going to consist of 40 minutes a day, separated into 2-20 minute walks (3 mph on the treadmill) and then one for 20 minutes on the elliptical (resist 7) and 'try' to eat between 1550-1600 cal a day..8am200,10am150, noon300,2pm150,4pm150,6pm400 and then 8pm 200 calories. My goal is 1 pound from Friday to Friday and IF I happen to NOT reach my whole 1 pound loss for that Friday I will work out extra throughout the weekend to get to that last part of that pound to be lost by Monday morning. I had skipped weighing myself for 3.5 weeks, because a friend of mine said that is how she did it and felt better Not looking at the scale all the time ( I weight in 2-3 times a week) so I decided to try that "NEVER AGAIN" I gained almost 10 pounds!! Soo anywhoo, I am LOVING Fitday once again to help me keep track of my progression/journal..THANKS Fitday, I have been using you since 2004 and have LOVED the upgrade!! Anyway, I will be putting in my progress each week, if I lost or not and what I DID do to finally lose that last piece of a pound:D

Goth Angel 01-13-2010 04:37 AM

By the way 158. Not going to say my height, nothing like that because I don't want to hear 'you shouldn't need to lose'. When I hear that then my brain says cheat, cheat all you want here and there and then I WILL NEVER meet my goal...However, I DO welcome, 'sounds great, keep it up!'

Goth Angel 01-13-2010 04:22 PM

Did not do well on the diet aspect again today. However, I do have a new twist....because I ALWAYS want to eat!!

Starting tomorrow I am still going to workout the same, but have a 20 oz cup of cappachino (diluted) and then all day long much on a "free food" from my list. But only the 1 food and eat as much as I want of it and then change the free food the next day and so on BUT in the evenings still have my suppers with my family. That will not change.

Goth Angel 01-13-2010 04:28 PM

FREE FOOD LIST: grapefruit, melon (any), oranges, peaches, plums, strawberries, egg whites, greens (snap peas, string beans), tomatoes, sugar free jello, apples, raspberries, tangerines, pineapple and blueberries and blackberries.

Lynzatn 01-13-2010 05:09 PM

If you want support and helpful suggestions stating your age would help. Mommy weight is different for each based on age. Many woman without kids have great tips for you.

NHAND26 01-13-2010 06:22 PM

hi my weight is also 158 and i just joined today. i want to get down to 135 by april 10th which is about 2 lbs per week. i also recently gained about 10 ibs by NOT weighing my self regularly and also holidays and stress and stopping my exercise routine since oct. my plan is to get back in the gym(s)that i am a member of, at least 4 times per week ,work out cardio for straight 45 min, wt train and keep to 1400 cal or so .... biggest thing for me no eating after 6pm.. definitely works for me.. good luck to you:):)

Goth Angel 01-14-2010 04:41 PM

Looks like you and I are pretty much on the same bus! I also forgot to add that for lunch I was going to do 300 calories..I would LOVE to lose 2 lbs a week, also so we'll see how the regime goes, but one thing is for sure. I am not stopping now. Using old tips from a diet I was once on, worked like a charm...It is literally called WeightLoss4Idiots (because it is idiot proof). There is just some people out there that it works for them not to weight in every couple days, week and just month to month. I found that no matter what I am not going to do that again cause now I am working my butt off trying to lose it...The flip side is the more I workout the more hungrier I am (of course)...I do my weight tomorrow morning at work...this weekend regardless is going to be my regular routine and then something aerobic/sporty for another hour during the day and plan on doing this every weekend...WISH ME LUCK!! Tomorrow I will hopefully be 157. My current goal is not to eat after 10pm and then after a couple days going to take it down to 9:30 and so on, until I am at 7pm..I don't get home wtih my son until 6pm and so supper is at 6:30pm, otherwise your 6pm would sound great to me!

Goth Angel 01-14-2010 04:43 PM

HI!
My age is 35, but still feel like 20:)

mrs_shyjoe925 01-15-2010 06:58 AM

Hi, Fellow Fitdayans!

I am 5"3 and weigh 120 pounds. I want to lose 10 pounds. I look forward to exchanging weigh-loss tips and stratergies. God be with us......:)

dehh68 01-18-2010 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Goth Angel (Post 873)
FREE FOOD LIST: grapefruit, melon (any), oranges, peaches, plums, strawberries, egg whites, greens (snap peas, string beans), tomatoes, sugar free jello, apples, raspberries, tangerines, pineapple and blueberries and blackberries.

I got to thinking about your free food list you are planning to munch on throughout the day. I would run the numbers on each food before considering it "free." For example, 1 egg white only has 17 calories but contains 3.6 proteins....not free by any means, but a good choice for a protein in your diet. Also, looking at the peach, it contains 38 calories and 9.3 carbs. That's allot of carbs for a "free" food. Just a little "food" for thought for ya. Good luck!

Goth Angel 01-18-2010 03:43 PM

HI!
Thanks for responding...I found that on Jillian Michaels (?) website..I googled free calories and it gave me that list and I believe her picture was placed above it..HOwever, it is better than the alternative of just plain junk food to nash (sp) on:)

Goth Angel 01-18-2010 03:47 PM

Newest information that I found...it is from Good Houskeeping..It is funny, but I HAVE been doing the walking like I said, but not 4 miles (like I had planned) worth. So tomorrow is my weigh in at work (it has doctor scale more reliable than my old digital) and I will post...the following is a copy/paste from that article that I just mentioned. By the way this walking 4.5-5 miles...
However you break down the steps, there's only one fabulous result: a slimmer, more energetic you. In 60 minutes of walking, you'll burn 300 to 500 additional calories. Keep that up for 10 days and you'll lose a pound. Keep it up for a year and you'll be 35 pounds lighter — without a minute of dieting.

Goth Angel 01-19-2010 05:36 AM

Actually, I think it is closer to 2 pounds loss for me w/o dieting even..I am a grain of sand away from 158, but am for sure 159..My actual 10th day will be on Sunday, but like I said that I use the scale here so my weigh in will be Monday the 25...Did I mention that on Friday when I weighed in it was at 160!! Gosh, that is just terrible for me! Sooo glad I found one of my old journals and that article..by my birthday June 17th if I lose 2 pounds every 10 days w/o dieting but substituting a junk food for a cocoa once in a while and doing the 4.5-5 miles a day..I will be at not only my pre preggars weight, but ALSO my WEDDING weight of 130!! If it is 1 pound for every 10 days then I reach that goal on my 5th year Wedding anniversary!!! Got it figured out and it will overall be extrememly (sp purp;) healthy and a part of everyday life...though when I DO get down to that size I will ease up back to 20 minutes x 3 a day with 3 miles of walking a day....sooooo excited that I FINALLY found what works for ME!!! LOVE TO EAT and of course the occasional chocolate!!! Also this will not interrupt my time spent with the kids AT ALL!! On my after work walks, I can always put my baby in the stroller and have my 12 year old put on his roller blades and off we go.....that'll happen this summer!!

dehh68 01-19-2010 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Goth Angel (Post 1216)
HI!
Thanks for responding...I found that on Jillian Michaels (?) website..I googled free calories and it gave me that list and I believe her picture was placed above it..HOwever, it is better than the alternative of just plain junk food to nash (sp) on:)

MUCH better than junk food. When I am serious about losing weight/fat not only do I need to avoid the "junk" but also watch what I am putting in the ol' bod. And even though fresh fruit it GOOD, ya gotta watch the carbs. I am doing high protein/low carbs. So for me, a peach would not be "free". Just my 2 cents. Keep up the good work!:o

Goth Angel 01-20-2010 11:54 AM

Thanks soo much for your comments and ideas, it is ALL good and welcome! I normally don't like peaches, so I am not too worried about that;)

Goth Angel 01-20-2010 11:57 AM

I am going to weigh in tomorrow and see if I hit that 158 mark that i was ever so close to on Tuesday..as long as I keep in check every few days I will be able to stick to anything even if the scale stays in one spot or of course goes down..If it goes up (PLEEAZZ not again) then I may actually have to cut down on some of my sweets that I love ever so much to have..Did my walking..tonight I only have 45 minutes left for walking around the house, so I am going to do it in 5 minute increments (usually commercials or every other)..

Goth Angel 01-23-2010 06:55 AM

Yesterday was supposed to be my fruit day, but was getting very tired in the later afternoon and had to get some protein so I could focus at work. I only did really a minor cheat at supper time. Today, I am going to be 100% faithful...one day at a time.
I have to tell everyone this story it is funny.
As I was driving past the bakery I was talking to my sister and I asked her should I stop and grab some bakery food?
She said NO SHERRY that is your crack cocaine, your addiction then as I passed my addiction I was laughing so hard tears came to my eyes. I didn't quite put it in that perspective before, but she was right!

Goth Angel 01-23-2010 03:14 PM

Today I think that I was pretty faithful...didn't walk though.

melizard22 01-25-2010 07:03 AM

In your shoes

I feel your pain. I only have one child and can't really say I want to lose the "baby" weight because he just turned 2. I am not overweight. I am also not underweight!!! I just want to get the body that I had before my "little man" came along and forever changed it. I just started exercising last week and have been trying to eat better. I am going to do the low carb thing for awhile because it worked for me back in the day. I am also trying to get to 130. I weighed this morning and was at 147. I would love to get to my goal before my b-day which is in May. What a great gift to yourself???? Anyways, just wanted to say good luck and that you aren't alone in this venture!!!

Goth Angel 01-26-2010 06:30 AM

Hi Mel!!
Thanks for your response! I am now at 158, can't remember if I wrote in and said that or not..YES, definately a venture..nicely said!! I KNOW exactly what you mean I am not overweight or underweight, just in the middle which is NOT fine with me.. 147 I WOULD LOVE to be at right now!! Keep it up and it will come off, just have to have a plan!! It is my 'off' day today, but my main goal is not to 'binge' on my 'off' days...if I find that I don't lose and stay stable for a week doing one day on and one day off then I am going to make it to 2 days on and 1 day off...I just don't know how my 'willpower' will hold up for 2 days in a row!! Mel, WE can DO this!! Stay on track and try not to stray too much, but still remain focused and it CAN happen by summer,, my bday is June (prev posted)!! Hehehe the 'little men' in our lives are sooo worth all the hard work ahead though, aren't they!! (not a question). Take CARE and I hope to hear from you again soon, your plan, motivation, ect!!

Goth Angel 01-26-2010 06:32 AM

ooohhh I did not post that I was 161 as of 01.21.10, so the 158 now feels really good..I'm on my way!!! Anyone care to join?? I definately feel writing about it is a form of 'therapy'...I am an emotional eater (boredom, ect, ect) and this is my 'therapy' to losing:)

Goth Angel 01-26-2010 03:12 PM

Okay everyone, so I am going to bite the bullet and go for 2 days on and 1 day off, but on my one day off still eat 2 snacks that are from the menus. Remember I am trying to make this a lifelong change in my eating habits.

For the one day it is easy to stay on any kind of diet, I at least have willpower then, but it is usually the second day that destroys me..but I am going to TRY. It is 10:05pm so tomorrow is my first of 2 days...(today was my off just FYI) yesterday was 158

sanela.novosel 02-13-2010 08:29 PM

Hello Angel,
May I first say how glad I am to stumble on this forum!!!
I am a 24-year old new mommy, gave birth last august to an amazing little man, and gained 72.6 lbs :eek: yes!! believe it or not, I was hosptalized for a while when I was pregnant, and ofcourse since I am an "emotional eater" as you described it, and food was comforting me, I was eating and eating and eating :D...before pregnancy I was at 128 lbs and I was soooo happy, now it's my biggest dream to get back there..After I gave birth, I droped to 182.6, and since I joined fitday (end of december) I lost another 14 pounds , so now I'm 169.4 lbs.
I sooooo want to lose all the weight (40 lbs.)by the end of may (that's when my husband's birthday is :p, see? we all have something to look forward to, to be special on)
soooo, I started on 2200 cal/day diet, since I am breastfeeding, with some walks everyday..BUT, since the beginning of february, the scale wouldn't move below 169!!! I dropped to 1600 cal/day, I do daily cardio on the elliptical machine (30 min, burning around 400 cal)..just started this routine this week..So I am really looking forward for some support, and girl talk..I know we can stick with each other, and reach our goals by may-june!!! all we have to do is a continuous feedback, write what we eat,when we eat, how much do we work out, what difficulties did we have today, and it's alright if we cheated,we just have to be honest about it!!
We used food for comfort, for stress, for feeling better about ourselves, rewarding ourselves or whatever, but no more..
Looking forward to hear from you...

sanela.novosel 02-13-2010 08:44 PM

weight today: 169.4
breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled (1 whole+ 1egg white)
1 ounce of bread
0.5 ounce of cheese
1/2 an apple
1/2an orange
1 cup of fat-free milk
Total: 341 cal

Workout(elliptical machine): 30 min, 12 K, 400 cal

Snack: avocado frappe (1/2 small avocado+ 1/2 cup skim milk+ 1 tsp honey)
Total: 230 cal

Lunch: chicken sandwich, composed of:
4 oz chicken breast, grilled
1/2 pita bread
tomato, fennel, lettuce
Total: 326 cal

Snack: sweetpotato (1/2 large one)
Total: 106 cal

I still haven't planned what should I eat for dinner
can you give me suggestions, what do you eat from 5p.m. on?? as I am so afraid od eating late,
I still have around 500 cal to eat,
I stopped eating fruit late in the evening, I read its better that evening meals be composed of (protein + fibrous carb)

sanela.novosel 02-13-2010 08:57 PM

Do you find it hard sometimes, when you stick only to healthy low fat food, to reach your calorie goal??

sanela.novosel 02-13-2010 09:02 PM

ok, one more question ;)
What are you percentages of your daily carb-protein-fat intakes? and how do you arrange your meals around the day?? how many meals and how many hours between the meals?