Notices

30 pounds in 30 weeks

Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

ooohhh I did not post that I was 161 as of 01.21.10, so the 158 now feels really good..I'm on my way!!! Anyone care to join?? I definately feel writing about it is a form of 'therapy'...I am an emotional eater (boredom, ect, ect) and this is my 'therapy' to losing
Old 01-26-2010, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Okay everyone, so I am going to bite the bullet and go for 2 days on and 1 day off, but on my one day off still eat 2 snacks that are from the menus. Remember I am trying to make this a lifelong change in my eating habits.

For the one day it is easy to stay on any kind of diet, I at least have willpower then, but it is usually the second day that destroys me..but I am going to TRY. It is 10:05pm so tomorrow is my first of 2 days...(today was my off just FYI) yesterday was 158
Old 02-13-2010, 08:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Angel,
May I first say how glad I am to stumble on this forum!!!
I am a 24-year old new mommy, gave birth last august to an amazing little man, and gained 72.6 lbs yes!! believe it or not, I was hosptalized for a while when I was pregnant, and ofcourse since I am an "emotional eater" as you described it, and food was comforting me, I was eating and eating and eating ...before pregnancy I was at 128 lbs and I was soooo happy, now it's my biggest dream to get back there..After I gave birth, I droped to 182.6, and since I joined fitday (end of december) I lost another 14 pounds , so now I'm 169.4 lbs.
I sooooo want to lose all the weight (40 lbs.)by the end of may (that's when my husband's birthday is , see? we all have something to look forward to, to be special on)
soooo, I started on 2200 cal/day diet, since I am breastfeeding, with some walks everyday..BUT, since the beginning of february, the scale wouldn't move below 169!!! I dropped to 1600 cal/day, I do daily cardio on the elliptical machine (30 min, burning around 400 cal)..just started this routine this week..So I am really looking forward for some support, and girl talk..I know we can stick with each other, and reach our goals by may-june!!! all we have to do is a continuous feedback, write what we eat,when we eat, how much do we work out, what difficulties did we have today, and it's alright if we cheated,we just have to be honest about it!!
We used food for comfort, for stress, for feeling better about ourselves, rewarding ourselves or whatever, but no more..
Looking forward to hear from you...
Old 02-13-2010, 08:44 PM
FitDay Member

weight today: 169.4
breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled (1 whole+ 1egg white)
1 ounce of bread
0.5 ounce of cheese
1/2 an apple
1/2an orange
1 cup of fat-free milk
Total: 341 cal

Workout(elliptical machine): 30 min, 12 K, 400 cal

Snack: avocado frappe (1/2 small avocado+ 1/2 cup skim milk+ 1 tsp honey)
Total: 230 cal

Lunch: chicken sandwich, composed of:
4 oz chicken breast, grilled
1/2 pita bread
tomato, fennel, lettuce
Total: 326 cal

Snack: sweetpotato (1/2 large one)
Total: 106 cal

I still haven't planned what should I eat for dinner
can you give me suggestions, what do you eat from 5p.m. on?? as I am so afraid od eating late,
I still have around 500 cal to eat,
I stopped eating fruit late in the evening, I read its better that evening meals be composed of (protein + fibrous carb)
Old 02-13-2010, 08:57 PM
FitDay Member

Do you find it hard sometimes, when you stick only to healthy low fat food, to reach your calorie goal??
Old 02-13-2010, 09:02 PM
FitDay Member

ok, one more question
What are you percentages of your daily carb-protein-fat intakes? and how do you arrange your meals around the day?? how many meals and how many hours between the meals?