Community
Notices

Dukan diet

Old 05-02-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

This diet didn't work for me. I didn't feel well: headaches, diarrhea, spacey to the point of stupidity and a terrible metallic taste in my mouth. I guess ketosis doesn't agree with me.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi canary, I thought about doing it too. But I was kind of worry. I am a carnivore but to think about have nothing but meat for 3 days, kind of freak me out some how.
Have faith! you will get there.

Mai
Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you, Mai. In some ways this diet is very effective. But it was not for me. Strangely, it was easy to do because it is so restricitve. But I just didn't feel well. Balance I think is the answer for me.

I wish you well in your journey too. We will get there. It just takes time and patience I guess. Any "quick fix" I ever tried didn't last -obviously, or I wouldn't be here on this site!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hi I'm new here.

I have reading around which diets work best for obese ppl. so far low carbs is the way i'm looking to try, it comes to atkins, dukan and primal.

I don't have the book btu what i read this diet seem to complicated i can't figure out the second phase at all.

do you have to eat low fat? i'm not keen on it.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

I was just wondering how much weight do you need to loose??? Thanks for posting the diet information!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Its really not that complicated. I have been on it for just under 2 wks and have lost 7.5 lbs.
During the Attack Phase (usually 3-5 days depending on the amount you want to lose) you eat lean protein and non-fat dairy from the accepted food list. This is called Pure Protein or PP.

Next is the Cruise phase where you incorporate vegetables from the accepted food list. You alternate every other day. So one day you eat PP + Vegetables (PV), then the next day you go back to PP. So every other day you alternate beteen PP and PV.

During all phases you also eat Oat Bran daily and drink tons of water.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default Is non fat cheese ok?

Hello.
I sarted the dukan diet 3 days ago and was wonderig if non fat cheese is ok?

Thanks for all your help and i wish you all great success!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default End of day 4

So I weighed myself this morning (day5) and i have lost 3.8 lbs!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

The book specially says, 'no cheese." In on day 4. Lost 3.5 as of this morning.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Day 19 and feeling really great. I have lost 12 pounds since May 9, 2011 and am on the phase 2 of the diet. The attack phase 1 lasted 7 days for me and was a little difficult finding different foods to eat but not too bad. The first day of phase 2, I was able to eat vegetables and it got much easier to stick to the routine of one day pure protein, the next day protein and veggies. There are over 100 foods on the list that you can eat so it should not get boring at all. There are many recipies on the web for low fat, low carb ways to cook the food too. I thought it would be really difficult to not use oil to cook the food in but it seems to be working. Dropped another pound yesterday. I have started to drink a Whey Protein shake in the morning which supplies only 150 calories and 35 grams of protein. That packs a big protein punch and fills you up so that you are not hungry too. Good luck to everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.