Community
Notices

Dukan diet

Old 06-16-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi.
I've been looking in to protein shakes recently and my opinion is that Scitec 100% whey protein is the best option. It comes in different flavors and if you put a little less water than recommended and then cool it in the freezer, you have a pudding. So you can have protein chocolate pudding for desert

I haven't started the Dukan diet yet, still waiting for my book to arrive but I'm preparing and looking into this protein thing is a part of that. Pretty sure I'm going to get cravings for something different then meat and veggies !
Old 06-16-2010, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Elinborg
Hi.
I've been looking in to protein shakes recently and my opinion is that Scitec 100% whey protein is the best option. It comes in different flavors and if you put a little less water than recommended and then cool it in the freezer, you have a pudding. So you can have protein chocolate pudding for desert
Great idea, going to try that in the next couple of days.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone! How are you doing?
Today is 5th day of second phase, from tomorrow 5 days of proteins only. I decided to go 5/5 cycle like Dr Dukan sugest in the book. My protein+veggies days were almost like protein days, I ate only small amount of broccoli, cauliflower and spinash which are low in carbs, so not really significant difference.
Its my 12th day from the begining of diet, I already lost 3kg and almost inch from the hips. I'll measure myself every 7 days just to keep record of my progress.
Good luck to you all!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:16 PM
FitDay Member

OMG! this weekend went oh so wrong! Cake, chocolate, potato... Planed to weight myself yesterday, but I decided better not. back on track today, proteins only till sunday!
Old 06-21-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

May I join in? I have been researching this for 2 days now and I am VERY excited ..... unfortunately I can't get a copy of the book so I am going off other peoples blogs and articles........ I started attack phase today..... can you tell me how this sounds please :-)

Breakfast - no fat greek yoghurt w/ 1.5 bran (YUCK BTW need another breakfast option!)

Snack because I am hungery 2 egg whites

Lunch - Tuna mixed with no fat yogurt

Dinner........... not sure yet probably shrimp....

I would LOVE to see some others menu's in attack phase and if you have any really good websites for recipes etc it would be GREATLY appreciated.... I also would LOVE to get my hands on a book --- but I am not having any great luck in that department!

Thanks
Kim

Last edited by KimCan2; 06-21-2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Kim, welcome and good luck!
You dont have to starve yourself, just keep your carbs low and eat meat as much as you want. Only 2 egg whites for snack, or shrimps for dinner.......you need more energy! Feel free to look at my journal. I keep in track what I eat and how much exercise!
I sugest you daily workout routine, just to jump start your metabolism and to lose fat faster, also try to eat about 1g of proteins per 1lbs of your weight!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by all4eternity
Feel free to look at my journal.
How do you look at someone else's journal?
Old 11-13-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

I was just searching for some new Dukan recipes and I stubled upon this one at fitday, which I've been using forever!

You can get a lot of great advice about Dukan here: The Dukaners.com forum • Index page

I have my own log there and there are people who have to lose different amounts of weight.

I just finished my 7th week on Dukan. I did 10 days of Attack and then 5 Protein Veggies days and 5 Pure Protein days rotation. *This is the 5/5* I have lost 14.5 kg as of this morning but still have another 30 kg to go.

I basically stick to lots of egg whites and turkey and ground beef. I never miss day of oat bran as this is essential to the diet. It's really easy to follow. Before this, I was never able to follow a diet for more than a week. Make sure you drink lots of water to keep your kidney healthy! If you have any questions, you can ask!

Good luck everyone!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Trying this diet over in Scandinavia. Can you say more about the oat bran, what it looks like, what brand you use, that sort of thing?
Old 04-29-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All!

I decided to start this today for health reasons as well as weight loss. I don't have much to lose, according to the Dukan site, which told me to do the attack phase for two days. I figure I can do almost any diet for two days, right? Though I might try 3.
I see there haven't been posts for a while so I am not sure if anyone is still doing this but if you are, I would love to hear how it's going.

Plus I don't have the book so I am just going by websites and this forum!

I'm going out to buy oat bran and take a walk. We me luck, everyone!

Oh I also have a question, since you can't use fat, do you just boil or poach your eggs and egg whites?

Last edited by canary52; 04-29-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.