Notices

Dukan diet

Old 06-13-2010, 08:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by all4eternity
Starting my Dukan journey today! Low fat and carbs, high proteins! Wish me luck!
Hi,
I going to start the Dukan Diet tomorrow and I have just made my first Galette and I would haqve to say it is rather nice. Give it a try, I hope it fills me up as I will be eating it in the morning.
Good Luck and i look forward to hearing how the diet goes.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:18 PM
FitDay Member

can you give me recipe for that?
Old 06-14-2010, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Just coming to the end of day 2 of the first attack phase of the diet.

Some initial and very noticable changes.

My skin on my face has broken out as have a tiny crack at the side of my mouth. I deduce that this is my body reacting to quite a shocking change in habit. Normally each day I would have 4 or 5 cups of tea each with 3 spoons of sugar. (This is Ireland, sorry, if we know how to do anything that's drink tea!!)

Now on a positive, my face has obviously lost some weight. Now I think that it is a cross between loosing general puffiness and water retention due to the tankers of water I am drinking. 3Lts plus a day of water in a country that isn't that warm yet is a big deal to my little body.

The protein only isn't that bad....the fact that I can eat as much protein as I want helps but I am really hankering after a white bread and butter sandwich filled with lovely juicy tomato sprinkled with a little salt. Dang...it's all I'm thinking about. The cravings can be really tough but I litterly turn my back away from the kitchen, take a great big drink of water and find something to do with my hands. (Reading a book or browsing the internet or watching TV are totally out as this is when I used to snack)

I will admit though, I am working my way up to the Oat Bran. It's stodgey stuff at the best of times and needs a LOT of imagination to work it into a protein only diet. The pancake as previously mentioned might be the way to go....we'll see. I try it in the morning.....if nothing else it will expand in my stomach and fill me up.

Good going to every body else taking this weight loss route. It really isn't the worst way

Good night now

Funthalia
Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 PM
FitDay Member

Second day of cruise phase. Not much changes really from the attack phase, I still keep my carbs low adding veggies which are low in fat and carbs (brocculi, cauliflower, mushrooms and spinach), still eating allot of chicken breasts and egg whites. Maybe I'll try chicken salad tomorrow, with tomatos, lettuce, cucumber, vinegard...a bit more vegetables to change the routine.
Yesterday's workout: Get ripped 1000 by Jari love. OMG she is insane, every single muscle in my body is in pain So for today 1,5h of yoga from P90x, just to stretch good and bring energy back.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:48 AM
FitDay Member

I've been inspired by your stories to give the Dukan diet a go, so will pick up some stuff at the grocery store and start tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck stitchergirl! You'll see, Dukan diet is really the best!
Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by all4eternity
Good luck stitchergirl! You'll see, Dukan diet is really the best!
One question, Is there a cap on the amount of exercise you can do. cause this diet sounds ideal. But If im going to the gym, I do about 30 mins on weight sets. 10ks on bike 1k rowing and 2-3k running? Is that fine or do you have to limit it?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

Hi jakeaveres, welcome! You can train during this diet as you used to do. I'm really pushing myself with training, cardio and rigorous weight lifting. Allot of protein daily alow me to do that and you will see results quickly. There's no calorie counting in Dukan diet so eat meat as much as you can handle, you're never hungry and there's allways strength for workout
Just to mark new results from this morning : hips 1 cm more down and waist 0,5 cm. Yeeeeey
Old 06-15-2010, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Haha sounds great. I know that shakes are taboo amongst some people, but is it permissible to have whey protein shakes throughout the day?
Old 06-16-2010, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Protein shakes with bananas and other fruits and milk etc NO WAY! BUt whey protein is welcome. (read the label, lowest in carbs is the best for this diet) As a matter of fact I'm looking for one to buy. Can't really eat all that meat daily, its summer now, I'm sweating, I'm not hungry at all, but with this heavy lifting I need proteins, at least 2g per kg of weight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.