Notices

IF and low carb?????

Old 04-17-2015, 08:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default IF and low carb?????

So, I have been on a low carb/high protein diet now for 8 weeks. I have done this diet previously last year with good results.
I am doing fine on this diet. My weight loss has been steady. However, I seem to have hit a little wall. The rapid weight loss has gone and I seem stuck with fluctuations going up and down but and losing very little on average over the last 2 weeks.
Looked into the Intermittent Fasting diet plan and liked the look of 16/8. I can achieve this easily. But I don't want to stop low carbing. I like the food and the results.
I am now on day 2 of 16/8 and eating my 3 meals a day in the 8 hour period but eating the same foods as I have for the last 8 weeks. I am hoping this gives my weight loss a kick start as I am very close to my goal weight and frustratingly the last 2 pounds just will not shift.
Anyone else experienced similar and willing to share?
Old 05-24-2015, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default carbs

What's a good number of carbs per day, just starting out
Old 05-24-2015, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

No. But - good luck!
Old 05-25-2015, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

This is nice what you try to do but I never try and use it but good luck have another method for lose weight
Old 10-03-2015, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default IF Diet

Originally Posted by NigeWC
So, I have been on a low carb/high protein diet now for 8 weeks. I have done this diet previously last year with good results.
I am doing fine on this diet. My weight loss has been steady. However, I seem to have hit a little wall. The rapid weight loss has gone and I seem stuck with fluctuations going up and down but and losing very little on average over the last 2 weeks.
Looked into the Intermittent Fasting diet plan and liked the look of 16/8. I can achieve this easily. But I don't want to stop low carbing. I like the food and the results.
I am now on day 2 of 16/8 and eating my 3 meals a day in the 8 hour period but eating the same foods as I have for the last 8 weeks. I am hoping this gives my weight loss a kick start as I am very close to my goal weight and frustratingly the last 2 pounds just will not shift.
Anyone else experienced similar and willing to share?
I love IF. I have been on it for two weeks now, and find it very easy to use. I have lost seven pounds in 16 days, so happy with the progress. I feel great!
Old 10-09-2015, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bunkahes
What's a good number of carbs per day, just starting out
There is not any specific number but you can have 50-100 Grams Per Day.
Carbs you can eat:
Plenty of vegetables.
Maybe 2-3 pieces of fruit per day.
Minimal amounts of starchy carbohydrates.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

How long have been plateaued for? What is your calorie intake? Total Daily Energy Expenditure? How much weight have you lost? Have you lost strength on your lifts? Do you even lift? Do you employ the use of refeeds? What do your refeeds look like? Not enough information. IF and low carb works great. But if you've been doing it 8 weeks with a lot of fat loss two things may happen if you don't do refeeds... Cortisol increases and you retain water weight more, and your metabolic rate may slow as much as 10-15% independent of weight/muscle loss, on top of the decreases due to muscle loss (which is sure to happen if you don't do proper resistance training). Other patterns exhibited may be mindless eating. Question, concerns?

FYI... Low carb only works better due to higher satiety, not because of less insulin response (although that may help in long term satiety between meals)
Old 10-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

Count calories for a few days (the food log will come in handy for this). You'll see where the problem is.