Notices

Weight Watcher???

Old 10-20-2010, 01:39 PM
FitDay Member

Hum... i see that most of the people are saying something about the meeting... to be honest with you guy i really have no time and money to assist the meeting my friend brought me all the books i try a few time but i have a hard time to mesure everything and also when it come to make a recipes my god it takes me for ever so i get depress and i stop...!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rmnsuk
In a BBC test a few years ago WW came out as one of the best diets. The procedures are good, but it's not cheap. I think you have to find one that suits you though.

The problem with all diets including WW is that unless you either change your eating habits, or stick to the dietting regime for the rest of your life you will eventually gain weight again. It's hard enough to lose weight, it's even harder to keep it off.
yes that true that if you dont stick to it then you gain back what you loose...
Old 10-20-2010, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hi sorry i am so late to reply to this but i had no access to a computor..!!

I try ww too but i can't stand the point stuff too i seem to me that i was alway hungry! I never went to the meeting, i was trying to do in on my own...i think that maybe i will try just to eat less and stop eating junk and exercice!!!

Originally Posted by davej323
WW is essentially a calorie restriction plan encoded with their point system. IMHO, you can get the same information from a variety of sources without having to pay for their program. As others have mentioned, however, there is a motivational factor to the meetings, and that is worth the money for some people. I tried WW a couple of years ago and it did work for some degree for me. I didn't like the point system at all, so I did the core plan (which, as I understand, they did away with). I actually found myself leaning more towards carb restriction on that core plan, and lost 16 pounds in the couple of months that I was participating. I actually didn't like the meetings though. I was the only man in there, surrounded by women complaining about emotional eating problems that I just couldn't relate to. Nowadays, I am following the Atkins diet and doing much better with it. My fiancee' swears that Atkins is a "guy" diet and WW is a "girl" diet, and this would seem true as we can both measure our successes much better according to her theory.

Male, 6'0" tall, 37 y/o

Starting weight, 4/19/10 (started Atkins) = 287
6/16/10 (finished Atkins book & joined Fitday) = 261
latest weight 6/28/10 = 255
mini goal (wedding) 9/4/10 = 220
ultimate goal for lifetime maintenance by 4/19/11 (one year mark, 100 pounds loss) = 187
This will be my lightest weight since high school!