Notices

Blooming Diet Health nut,

Old 01-07-2015, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Blooming Diet Health nut,

I am gonna open a can of worms for you all. If you check my past with this site you will find I have been here for years. I am thrilled to have the phone app. YES I still have weight issues, I came here years ago to lose as I was considering bariactric surgery. NOPE didn't do it thank god. I did however learn my thyroid was a mess eventually, I have hasimotots, I also have celiac disease, and am allergic to sulfites, and a lot of other things. In a goal to make my family healthier I have actually started doing so much more cooking in the kitchen now. I have also lost and nearly maintained a 54lb loss in 17 months. and here's the diet I want to discuss. I went Gluten free due to my health issues not as a fad. I went sulfite free due to a severe allergy for me and my daughter. A sulfite allergy precludes use of many GF pastas as they have TONS of sulfites for bleaching big deal for me and my duaghter. I am willing to discuss my success with it all the challenges and what it means to me. Are any of you also going down this road? :coo
Old 01-07-2015, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BarEdul
I am gonna open a can of worms for you all. If you check my past with this site you will find I have been here for years. I am thrilled to have the phone app. YES I still have weight issues, I came here years ago to lose as I was considering bariactric surgery. NOPE didn't do it thank god. I did however learn my thyroid was a mess eventually, I have hasimotots, I also have celiac disease, and am allergic to sulfites, and a lot of other things. In a goal to make my family healthier I have actually started doing so much more cooking in the kitchen now. I have also lost and nearly maintained a 54lb loss in 17 months. and here's the diet I want to discuss. I went Gluten free due to my health issues not as a fad. I went sulfite free due to a severe allergy for me and my daughter. A sulfite allergy precludes use of many GF pastas as they have TONS of sulfites for bleaching big deal for me and my duaghter. I am willing to discuss my success with it all the challenges and what it means to me. Are any of you also going down this road? :coo
Welcome to the forum side and congrats on your loss!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, I even went through a 6 month prep for bariactric surgery. I learned about nutrition etc. What is amazing is that now I have my keys to better diet my crazy cravings are gone and stuck with a bowl of fresh fruit a few days ago with items I USE TO not like like ,honey dew melon, and cantaloupe, I tried a piece. I am not their biggest fan yet, but I found them appealing. I have added new healthy foods. Starting this week I am dropping pasta from my diet, I generally eat about 1-2 cups a week no more at this point, I don't need it.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

I need to get my diet spot on. I remember when it was, my cravings went away.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Spot on..

yeah I know that. I have found a diet that was gluten free but today as I am doing the food into the food features I am learning 54% of my food calories was coming from fat.

I found my biggest issue was due to damage to my intestine from the celiac as it is auto immune in nature that My body THOUGHT it was starving to death due to damage causing failure to absorb and long term massive vitamin D defiencies. So in desperation my body went HEY I am gonna save every bad morsel I can. I was a fat celiac. So many people think that's not possible. It is. Gluten free and sulfite reduced dropped the weight. I stabilized due to my thryoid and started gaining again. (I needed thyroid surgery) still getting my numbers right but its getting better.

I recently discovered LOL sweet potatoe fries I love em add some marinara sauce and I may have an issue LOL. My daughter being young can still deep fry hers I want mine baked. I also discovered that cranberry sauce is delicious with salad lol, I want to upgrade my fats and get nuts back in my diet not to mention, adding all corn tortilla chips for more crunch to salad none pre sweetened craisins, raisins. I am really getting into dropping the pasta. And here I sit the exact healthy diet NUT I never thought I would be lol
Old 01-24-2015, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

For more than a dozen years, research by highly-respected scientific and clinical experts has continued to reveal that just a handful of walnuts daily can play a significant role in reducing the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol, reducing inflammation and improving arterial function. Read a little on net for this info is useful