Dr. Bernstein diet on my own >

Dr. Bernstein diet on my own

Community
Notices

Dr. Bernstein diet on my own

Old 03-10-2015, 06:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 10

Well tomorrow is the day of reckoning....the dreaded dr.'s appointment for my physical. That is, after all, the most important reason for the diet...to try to avoid the scolding I expect to get. I had hoped to be about 3 or 4 pounds lighter by now to avoid this but it is not to be....

Steady as she goes, eh...

Our latest slow-cooker recipe is "pork cacciatore" (because I was out of chicken.

About 1 pound of pork, cubed
1 large can diced tomatoes (796ml, I think that is 28 oz, not sure)
1 small can of tomato paste
herbs and spices to taste (Italian seasoning, minced garlic, pepper, I throw in a little Worcestershire sauce)
2 green peppers, chopped
1 onion chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped

cook on low 6-8 hours

deeeelish!!!

March 10 2015 173 pounds
Old 03-18-2015, 07:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 11

Well it was a very successful doctor's visit. Her scale seems to be lower than mine, so I weighed a pound less fully-dressed. Oh ya.....

Yes, she did say that I was still overweight, but no lectures as she was pleased that I was exercising (until the onset of my back problems anyway.)

I was also able to provide my bmi when asked, thanks to my handy-dandy app on my phone (it's called "weight diary" and it's another tool to help with motivation.)

We're still having trouble sticking to our diet 100 percent on weekends, but we have no problem now during the week, with Wed. mornings often showing the biggest weight drop.

So basically, lean protein, vegetables, fruit, no junk food, added fats or sugar, no processed carbs. Hmmm where have we heard that before? Ya just about every diet. Yes, Bernstein, when followed religiously, has strict guidelines and portion control, but the bottom line is really the same. Can't really eat out much and have to do my own cooking (via the crockpot.)

Oh, and I have not only gotten my jeans on, and buttoned up, but I can also breathe while wearing them. That's a real milestone and one of the things I'm happiest about.

March 18, 2015 167 pounds
Old 03-24-2015, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 12

Well, we're doing great, losing weight steadily and I think the pattern we've fallen into makes it easier. It's all about "just saying no" to the evil thoughts of treats.

It's interesting to see posts on other forums from people seeking magic, easy solutions for weight loss. As it is so easy to put the pounds back on (I should know) finding a way of eating that I can maintain long-term is what I need. I've found the best solution for me in the slow-cooker meals that have flavour (from garlic, herbs, Worcestershire sauce etc.) as well as stir-frys with low-fat protein like chicken and pork tenderloin.

This diet is certainly a lot more work. It would be so easy to say let's have McDonalds or pizza instead of cooking. But we're managing to avoid doing that. For us, the secret is to have the lean meats on hand in the freezer, have pound and pounds of veggies not just on hand, but cut up and ready to eat and/or cook with. We dip the raw veggies in fat-free dressing or low-fat tzatziki.

So far today, I've had my one piece of multi-grain bread (and boy do I look forward to that every day!), a slice of turkey sausage and an egg. Next I will have a whole grapefruit, then homemade crockpot soup (ground chicken and veggies/can diced tomatoes/no salt beef broth) from the freezer. Lots of water.

Just under three weeks to go until our cruise....and that will be the biggest challenge so far.

March 24, 2015 165 lbs
Old 05-28-2015, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you for working so hard at this. Can you tell me what the combo of B6/B12 you were giving yourself and how many times a week?

Thank you
Old 08-02-2015, 08:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Questions about the at home program

How did you know how much to inject? And where did you get the b6? I found the b12 at Costco but not the b6. I also just am wondering what size of syringe you used? Please let me know. I'd like to try this at home as well. I am on the program now and have lost 80 lbs but am finding the last ten to be really difficult. Thank you.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

Just good luck with your hard and longtime job
Old 08-19-2015, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Potassium

What amount of Potassium are you taking and how frequently?

I did the Dr. B plan on my own a few years ago and it worked, and I'd like to try it again, but cannot remember the amounts and frequency of the supplements!

Also would like to know where you found the B6 injectable.

Thanks! And Congrats!
Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on your progress! Wow! Are you using a workout plan as well?
Old 08-31-2015, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck on this I try to use some hcg drops and good hcg diet plan
Old 10-03-2015, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations for your progress so far! I am on the Rosedale diet and it's amazing for weight loss although I have started it also because of my diabetes. It's very similar to Rosedale. Don't give up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.