Notices

Dr. Bernstein diet on my own

Old 01-28-2015, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default day 24

So after 3 and a half weeks, I'm down 15.5 pounds. I have set a goal of about 2 pounds a week from now on, but I know that will be hard to sustain going forward. We have a cruise booked (got a smokin' deal) at the end of April, and I aim to be down to 160 by then. It's good to have a goal, right?

I made the pork tenderloin again for dinner yesterday, this time with roasted cauliflower. I also made soup in the crockpot (large can of diced tomatoes - no salt added kind, 1 carton no-salt-added beef broth, lots of chopped celery and onions, Italian seasoning, ground pepper, Worcestershire sauce.) It's awesome. Oh, I also added a cup of green lentils, so it's also a protein source.

My husband weighed in at the Bernstein clinic this morning, he was down another 2 pounds. He's doing great. He doesn't have as much time to exercise as I do, unfortunately, but he's going to swimming now a couple of times a week. Baby steps.

Jan. 28, 2015 181.5
Old 01-28-2015, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

You're doing great! Good for you!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default day 26

I feel like my clothes are fitting a bit looser now, yaay. I tried on my jeans, and I am proud to say I could get my legs in them. Can I do them up though? Not even close. I'll try again tomorrow....

We had stir-fried shrimp and broccoli for dinner yesterday (lemon juice, low-sodium soya sauce, ginger, garlic, onions.) Yummy.

My husband had his weigh-in today, only down .2 pounds from Wednesday, not sure why such a small loss. He says he's sticking to his diet, but I wonder what's going on when I'm not around to frown at him? hmm

I'm doing very well at giving myself the injections, only 1 bruise so far (and it was a whopper.) It's really not as hard as it would appear.

Jan. 30, 2015 181 pounds
Old 02-02-2015, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 28

Well I would say that my weight loss has certainly slowed down, at least it feels like that. However, it is still steady, and I'm down another pound. I'm still on track for 2 pounds a week.

I've been able to keep up the exercise as I'm between jobs at the moment. One hour of swimming/aerobics five days a week and a half- to one-hour walk most days with my granddog.

A typical day's worth of food:
squirrelly bread, one slice toasted with laughing cow light cheese

half a grapefruit (I started buying bigger grapefruit, it's the only fruit I like)

a large granny smith apple, chopped, microwaved with cinnamon then topped with source greek 0pct fat yoghurt (100g) made with splenda, vanilla flavour

raw veggies dipped in low-calorie cucumber dressing (only snack on these if I feel hunger pangs)

maybe a leftover dinner serving such as soup, chili, whatever but equals a protein and veggie serving

a protein and veggie dinner such as pork tenderloin/roasted cauliflower or shrimp stir-fry. I made chicken tenders/steamed broccoli for our Superbowl dinner (we lost anyway.)

a jello juicy gel (made with splenda, 5 calories) if random hunger pains strike

So all in all, lots of food, 2 servings of fruit a day is 2 more than I ever eat normally, so that's good obviously.

Onwards!

Feb 2, 2015 - 180 lbs

Last edited by mysachi; 02-02-2015 at 10:23 AM.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 30

hmmmm.....I've been at the same weight for several days now. I'm doing everything I should be doing, maybe my portions are too big? It's possible I am overdoing the protein portions, I haven't even cheated any other way since my wine on Friday night. Well, okay, my wine on Superbowl Sunday, but I've been good since then.

Anyway, I'm still exercising hard, not for the weight loss but for the physical benefits that exercise brings. The diet is for the weight loss. I'll just keep plugging away, the food I'm eating makes me feel good. The weight loss will surely continue if I just keep at it.

Feb 4, 2015 180 lbs.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default You're doing great!

I started at the same time as you, at the clinic, and have also stalled..... The nurses said to stay true and it will start up again. Question for you: what is the dosage you're using. Did you need a prescription for the vitamins? Are you in the US or Canada (prescription process could be different).

Stay the path.

Jenn
Old 02-10-2015, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

You lose very good weight 9pounds wow very good, once I lose 12 pounds in 2 week but I use hcg product
and after this losing weight I continue to lose , now I look amazing

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-09-2015 at 06:27 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 02-12-2015, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 37

It's funny - I feel like my weight loss has slowed down so much - I feel like I have nothing to report here. However, in fact I have lost two pounds since I last wrote here so I really am on track. My weight seems to be down one day, up the next so day by day it doesn't seem encouraging. Maybe I should go to weekly weigh-ins or maybe just Mon, Wed, Fri like my husband.

I'm lucky in that I have time to devote to getting fit and I have been faithfully going to the pool five days a week and working hard when I'm there. Still can't get my jeans done up, but maybe in a couple of weeks I'll succeed!

I have to admit to having a cookie meltdown - my husband came home from a weekend away and without me there to restrain him, he bought little snack cakes and a box of mini oreo cookies. As soon as his back was turned, I sneaked the cookies out of the room and chomped them down by the handfuls.
Not a pretty sight, and I paid for it by weight gain for a few days.

But onwards.....

Feb 12, 2015 178 pounds
Old 02-26-2015, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 7

Well I've definitely hit all kinds of roadblocks.

I guess I overdid the exercise (duh) and now I've got lower back pain. I've had serious back problems in the past, and I know it can get much worse than it is right now. I've had to stop my workouts, and I'm icing my back, doing some back exercises and taking Aleve. I was doing so great and feeling fit...

At the same time, my weight loss has crept to a halt even started to go up a bit. I'm mostly still on track with my eating, so I'm not too worried. Pretty sure the wine needs to go...(What kind of Bernstein diet allows wine anyway? none that I know of lol)

My husband and I have gotten quite used to not eating out, not having junk food around etc. That really is a big issue as far as why we gained so much weight in the first place. A great added bonus is that we're not spending so much money.

We do miss our Sunday morning bakery runs though

Feb 26, 2015 175.5

Last edited by mysachi; 03-04-2015 at 09:44 AM. Reason: eta correct date
Old 03-04-2015, 09:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default week 8

yaay, I'm back on track, at least for this week.

I stepped on the scale yesterday and was thrilled to find I had dropped a few pounds. So thrilled, in fact, that I went to a new café to try out their scones. omg

Anyway, no harm no foul, I stuck to the diet the rest of the day, and I weigh the same today as I did yesterday. So for the moment I'm still pleased.

I'm still having back problems so I haven't been back to the pool for my aquasize classes. I might attempt it tonight though. I've been taking my daughter's dog for fairly long walks, which is good for my back.

Today's dinner - I didn't have any chicken so we're having pork cacciatore, made in the crock pot of course. If it can't be made in the crockpot, I have very little interest in making it! Unfortunately, the lovely aroma is all through the house all day making me ravenous. As long as I stay away from fast food and junk food, I'll be okay. The trick for me is to absolutely not have any in the house. I don't have willpower, I need to practice avoidance at all costs.

March 4, 2015 - 174 pounds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.