Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Dr. Bernstein diet on my own >

Dr. Bernstein diet on my own

Community
Notices

Dr. Bernstein diet on my own

Old 01-14-2015, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Nice job! 9 pounds in 10 days is amazing.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 12

Just wrote a huge entry only to have the website tell me I wasn't logged in (which I obviously was as I had accessed the forum.) Soooo,\

No way am I typing all that again.

It was really a good one, too

Jan. 16, 2015 185lbs
Old 01-16-2015, 11:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mysachi
Just wrote a huge entry only to have the website tell me I wasn't logged in (which I obviously was as I had accessed the forum.) Soooo,\

No way am I typing all that again.

It was really a good one, too

Jan. 16, 2015 185lbs
Yes, I've been caught like that on other forums. So now (if it is a medium to long post) I do a draft in Notepad or Outlook and, when it is ready to post, I then copy & paste it to the forum. It saves a lot of frustration that way.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

I do that too. It seems that it can happen on any message board because I've experienced it on several other message boards, in different browsers - no rhyme or reason to it...
Old 01-19-2015, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 15

Well, it was bound to happen. Yes, I was a bad girl on the weekend and now I've gained half a pound. We had friends over for dinner, and although I stuck to the diet for the most part (had yoghurt for dessert instead of cheesecake, no potato at dinner etc.) I did indulge fully in wine!!!!

Anyway I don't feel like I have ground to a halt or anything. One day at a time, get back up on the horse etc.

I've been checking my urine for ketosis ( a la Bernstein) and I am still in ketosis albeit less so after this weekend.

I'm not finding it difficult to avoid the bad foods that really are the culprit behind my long-term weight gain. You know the ones - taco chips, chocolate, pizza, cupcakes. mmm mmm

This diet I'm following is actually, for me, a bonus to my system as I not only eliminate the foods with zero nutritional value, but I add foods that I normally do not eat that actually do have amazing nutritional value. Instead of only occasionally having half a grapefruit, now I must have two fruits a day, and I do now. I always have a vegetable for dinner, but now I would say I eat more.

I think the lack of refined sugar can only be a good thing for me, as my diet was very high in it before.

Jan 19, 2015 - 185.5 pounds

ha - it did it again but I had copied and was able to log in and paste
Old 01-21-2015, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 1 Copycat

Thanks for posting this forum. I've also done Dr. B with great results but on my own, without the accountability, not so successful. You've inspired me to follow along, if you don't mind, and use this forum for my accountability and Fitday for tracking.

Day 1: 199 lbs.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome MonetIn and mysachi! There are a group of us who post weekly in the Motivation and Support forum. We're all doing our own thing as far as weight loss goes, but it's great to have a place to check in for motivation and accountability. You'll find us in the Weekly Motivation thread (a new one starts every Monday, so check the date in the title to be sure you're posting to the most recent thread). Please feel free to join in!
Old 01-21-2015, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 17

Down another pound and feeling great! I guess all the nutritious food and vitamin B is having a great effect on me. I'm in such a good mood - I would even say I'm a delight to be around lol (although my husband may beg to differ on that

I've been able to keep up the exercise (swimming and walking) without any problems.

Yesterday we had haddock and Brussels sprouts for dinner (much to my husband's dismay re: the Brussels sprouts.) The haddock is the Highliner flame-seared haddock with lemon.) The Brussels sprouts I trimmed, cut in half and roasted (tossed first in not-Bernstein-approved olive oil - just a little) then drizzled with balsamic vinegar after they came out of the oven (again, not approved I don't think but oh well.)

The package of haddock has four pieces of fish so I made enough for today's lunches. I don't love to cook, so if I can make one meal stretch two days I'm gonna do it!!!

Jan. 21, 2015 184.5 lbs
Old 01-23-2015, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 19

We're getting kind of bored of the food we're eating - two days worth of Brussels sprouts will do that. My husband went on a search for fat-free mayonnaise but we decided just to use the regular kind in a miniscule amount.

So I made tuna salad for him with one small can of water-packed tuna, half a tablespoon of mayonnaise, lots of chopped green pepper and celery, and pepper. He loved it. I did the same thing the next day with boiled eggs, and I ate this too. It was excellent, and hopefully it didn't blow the diet completely. Well, I guess it did, but it was worth it, and we still lost weight, so there. I will stop all the "bad" things if our weight loss hits a plateau (which it inevitably will.)

Family dinner tonight, so we're going to have what we call "pita pizzas," which will actually be on tortillas, with pizza sauce, low-fat mozzarella (in teensy amounts) and lots of peppers, onions etc. The rest of the gang get full-fat cheese and actual meat! I always serve veggies and dip (low-cal dressing) so even though we're dieting, we don't feel like we're missing out on too much.

Still feeling great. My stomach was starting to hurt a bit, so I haven't taken the potassium pills for a few days in case that was the problem.

Jan 23, 2015 183 lbs
Old 01-26-2015, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Day 22

Well, I did it again. Or should I say didn't do it. I didn't make it through Friday night family dinner without imbibing in the vino. Oh well. No huge damage done except I don't seem to have lost any weight over the weekend. Didn't gain any either, though.

I've stuck to the diet over the weekend, and my husband did too, losing a pound and a half since his weigh-in on Friday. Well, good for him, I say.

Made chicken cacciatore in the crock-pot for dinner yesterday, lunch today and probably tomorrow as well. Quick, easy, no fat, few carbs.

I met friends for coffee today, and I have to admit to having a latte (tasted good so I'm sure it was made with whole milk - the horrors.) We'll see what happens on the scale tomorrow.

Other than the couple of slip-ups I mentioned, it's not like I've been eating anything unauthorized, like chocolate or cake or anything, geesh.

I didn't get any exercise over the weekend, none at all, so I better make up for that this week.

Jan. 26, 2015 - 183

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.