Notices

Losing weight eating Vegan foods?

Old 09-18-2014, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Losing weight eating Vegan foods?

I've recently started eating vegan food for weight loss. I understand being vegan is not just about the diet side but I was wondering if there are any people in my position eating vegan for weight loss? And how it's going or went?
Vegan for Weight Loss
Link to my blog ^^^ if anyone is interested in joining me and see results as I go.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Have not gone vegan but I do like vegan foods. There are low-fat vegan diets around that are pretty effective, but you have to really understand the nutrition. Engine 2 Diet, for example.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:19 PM
FitDay Member

Vegan food is amazing food and I love to eat them and I think they give result for weight...
Old 09-20-2014, 10:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Have not gone vegan but I do like vegan foods. There are low-fat vegan diets around that are pretty effective, but you have to really understand the nutrition. Engine 2 Diet, for example.
Yes! I definitely need to do more research into vegan eating and I haven't heard of the engine 2 diet I'll check it out
Old 09-20-2014, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by chmia14
I've been vegan for 3 years for mainly ethical reasons, but also for health and the environment. A vegan diet is nice because it doesn't include animal foods that make the blood acidic or irritate the digestive tract.

The important thing is to make sure you're getting enough protein, calcium (which milk isn't actually a good source anyway), iron, and B12. Great forms of vegan protein include quinoa, lentils, beans, nuts, and seeds, especially hemp and chia seeds. Calcium comes from all sorts of green cruciferous vegetables. Iron is also found in green leafy vegetables, especially spinach. B12 is a little more tricky and should be taken in supplements or gotten from sea vegetables.

I'm wishing you well on your diet, and I'll definitely be checking out your blog
Oh yeah I've a long way to go and a lot to learn about vegan eating. You've definitely helped me because I hadn't thought about all the different nutrients I need and how to get them from vegetables.
Thanks
Old 09-20-2014, 10:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Ryan.W
Vegan food is amazing food and I love to eat them and I think they give result for weight...
Yes me too! I'm actually surprised how quickly I'm dropping the weight and eating the same amount of food I used to!
Old 10-28-2014, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

I am not a vegan Food user but i heard most about vegan foods. Vegan Food is the best food for quickly Weight loss.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:25 PM
Banned

i have started it and it helped me alot
Old 11-03-2014, 04:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aaravjain
i have started it and it helped me alot

Good keep it up. Best of luck for your new Beginning.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Zeddee
I've recently started eating vegan food for weight loss. I understand being vegan is not just about the diet side but I was wondering if there are any people in my position eating vegan for weight loss? And how it's going or went?
Vegan for Weight Loss
Link to my blog ^^^ if anyone is interested in joining me and see results as I go.
Vegan diet can be very effective in helping people lose weight as long as it is properly plan. It's a healthy way to lose weight. Also, before you start with your vegan diet, make sure to understand the various food groups that you need to eat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.