Notices

carb-cycling and timing carb intake

Old 07-04-2010, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default carb-cycling and timing carb intake

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with carb cycling? I believe that's where you have a high carb day followed by a low-carb day and it pretty much balances out.

I am interested in focusing my complex carbs in the morning, and ending my days with protein. I read that this is good to do during weight loss because you use the carbs for energy and the protein for repairing muscles.

I'm still losing weight (39lbs so far!) just by cutting out most processed junk and striving for 100 percent nutrition around 1500 cals a day and around 45-1hr of exercise daily, but I'm always looking for healthy ways to shake up my weight loss and keep it going strong.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nessa,

I've had some success in "carb-cycling" for my own goals (gaining muscle while maintaining leanness). I tend to keep my carbs on the low side as it is but I'll usually do a more carby day on my workout days in the form of simple sugars and starches and try to minimize carb intake on my rest days. I workout about 4 days a week so it balances out over time.

By the way I don't really consider fiber to be caloric carb so I eat as much of it as I can regardless of what day it is.