Notices

Which diet is the most effective?

Old 04-29-2014, 07:09 PM
FitDay Member

Default Which diet is the most effective?

Out of the following diets, which diet contributes to fastest weight loss?

1. Atkins diet
2. South Beach diet
3. Blood type diet.
4. GI diet
Old 05-02-2014, 11:41 PM
FitDay Member

Since I have not been on all of the diets you mention I cannot honestly answer that question, but my opinion of the best diet is the one you can stick to long term. Diets are a dime a dozen. Some will take weight off quickly, but you gain it back as quickly as you lost it. Do what's healthy for your body. Your body will thank you for it.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by homeranex

1. Atkins diet
2. South Beach diet
3. Blood type diet.
4. GI diet
The blood type diet is a marketing ploy to sell a book. Not sure what the GI diet is. As for the other two...

There is no one diet you can point to and say *that one* has the fastest weight loss. It will vary by individual.

I've done the rice diet (low fat, low calorie, vegetarian for the most part), Atkins, Weight Watchers and just about every other diet and fad out there. My greatest success was with the rice diet. I averaged about a little over 3.5 lbs per week for a year. In years past when I did low carb, I lost 140 lb in 6 months and then struggled to lose even a pound a week and I got tired of never being able to eat off plan without losing 2-3 weeks of progress. With the Rice Diet, I could 'cheat' on Thanksgiving and have turkey, gravy, potatoes and pie and still lose weight the next week.

Ultimately, it's about what diet you will stick to. People say losing weight is a lifestyle change. I'd have to disagree and I think that's why most fail. I think it's about finding a way of eating that fits with your preferred 'lifestyle'. You're more likely to stick with it.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ElfiePoo
The blood type diet is a marketing ploy to sell a book. Not sure what the GI diet is. As for the other two...

There is no one diet you can point to and say *that one* has the fastest weight loss. It will vary by individual.

I've done the rice diet (low fat, low calorie, vegetarian for the most part), Atkins, Weight Watchers and just about every other diet and fad out there. My greatest success was with the rice diet. I averaged about a little over 3.5 lbs per week for a year. In years past when I did low carb, I lost 140 lb in 6 months and then struggled to lose even a pound a week and I got tired of never being able to eat off plan without losing 2-3 weeks of progress. With the Rice Diet, I could 'cheat' on Thanksgiving and have turkey, gravy, potatoes and pie and still lose weight the next week.

Ultimately, it's about what diet you will stick to. People say losing weight is a lifestyle change. I'd have to disagree and I think that's why most fail. I think it's about finding a way of eating that fits with your preferred 'lifestyle'. You're more likely to stick with it.
Can you tell us more about the rice diet ?? I was on a brown rice diet once where I ate brown rice for lunch and light dinners everyday for a month...I lost 40 pounds in six weeks...and it stayed off for a very long time..
Old 05-26-2014, 06:43 PM
FitDay Member

I have been struggling to lose weight for quite some time now. After I gave birth to my 2nd baby I have never regained my old weight before pregnancy. It's hard for me to go on a strict diet because I need to have all the energy to take care of my baby and to go to work at the same time. Here is something that will enlighten us on how to deal with losing weight.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 05-27-2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 06-04-2014, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Diet for losing excess body weight

Atkins diet is best diet for weight loss program because this contains low carbohydrates. It involves restricted use of carbohydrates to switch the body’s metabolism from metabolizing glucose as energy over to exchanging stored body fat to energy. So try to engage with this diet plan, if you really wish to lose body weight or maintain proper body structure.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hey robin

All the kinds of diets you mentioned has its own significance. You can choose for various kinds of foodstuffs or else you can add it to your diet that are extremely effective for weight loss and other health ailments. Some diets items consists of fiber which are good health wise.Do try them.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 06-18-2014 at 12:45 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by homeranex

1. Atkins diet
2. South Beach diet
3. Blood type diet.
4. GI diet
No idea. I mean I actually can not compare these diet plans to each other because all of these are effects differently to different people according to theri nature of fat and obesity's category.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

I think 3 and 4 are scams.

As for 1 and 2.. low carb diets, Atkins is stricter, and will therefore get you losing faster.

The best diet however is one you will be following in a year, with steady weight loss, and no cravings/hunger. If Atkins is too strict, then South Beach may be more your speed. If South Beach is still too high in carbs, it may not go low enough in carbs to curb cravings.

The best thing to do is try the diet out. See if you can stick to them, and if they work.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

I would agree about SB diet, i have lost 4 pounds with it. I also want to recommend The Japanese diet. The duration is 13 days and I have lost 3 pounds.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.