Notices

The Green Smoothie Tango...

Old 09-26-2013, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Talking The Green Smoothie Tango...

SO here goes another dance. I think that what we do here in and with life. Sometimes we're passive participants and allow ourselves to be completely lead by other influences and sometimes we have the control. This is one of those moments when I'm taking the lead and marching toward a better me!

It's been MANY years that I've struggled with my weight. But in the last few years, as my youth is no longer doing ALL it can, I have found this extra weight manifesting into other struggles: lethargy, moodiness, deep embarrassment, swelling/edema in my joints, etc... The list goes on.

I turned 27 this summer. I read somewhere recently that this is the age when a person is supposed to be at their optimal health, naturally. Huh?! I'm so far from that, but it got me thinking... maybe this is the year to get back in control instead allowing my poor habits to lead me into a deeper unhappiness. This is the year to earn back my health, and to reap the best possible rewards.

My first step toward taking control is a smoothie/juice cleanse. I will start with 7 days, leading into a minimum of 3 days on the Master Cleanse (more if I can, but I'm not going to pile on the pressure), then gliding off the cleanse with 3-4 days of juice and raw food. On the 12th, I am heading to visit a good friend, and want to have accomplished this goal in that time. I know it's a lot, but this is phase one. A catapult into a healthier me.

Please keep up with me here. I will be writing everyday and documenting my progress. I will include recipes, mood chances, sleep patterns, moments of glory and in times, I assume I'll also need some encouragement.

I don't want the pressure of this very personal journey to follow me into this trip, so I am giving my self that weekend to enjoy whole foods, ect, but by no means going overboard. I am using this upcoming 2 weeks to create a stable foundation upon which to inspire me and to return and continue to build upon.

I begin today at 165.8 lbs. I am 5'2". My BMI chart says this means mine is 30, which is the first number in the Obese range. Man, if that isn't reason enough to start I don't know what is. My goal is 122lbs, which right smack in the middle of my BMI range, although I'm sure I'll be thrilled once I even see that scale slide under 150, but there's no stopping short. So here it goes. The Green Juice Tango... Please stay tuned!
[/COLOR]

Last edited by wildflowerdancer; 09-26-2013 at 04:45 PM.