Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Diets
Vegetable Juice & Fruit Smoothie Fasting >

Vegetable Juice & Fruit Smoothie Fasting

Community
Notices

Vegetable Juice & Fruit Smoothie Fasting

Old 10-09-2013, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Your story is really motivating me to lose weight even more. I will try several ways aside from smoothie but of course natural ways, the safer.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by U-Fit-2
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here and would like to share the start of what I will be (hopefully) a lifelong journey to increased health and happiness.

Let me start by saying I'm not seeking any advice, nor want any negative advice regarding my choice of 'life journey'. I'm only here to record my experience in the hope it benefits and motivates others. I am a 48-year-old female who has been overweight the majority of my life. My highest when I was pregnant was 256.

I have made a promise to my son to do this for six weeks minimum, but hopefully longer. I would ideally like to go 100 days then onto vegan.

My plan will include 3-4 smoothies a day, 1-2 veggie smoothies a day. I also allow myself 2-3 cups of coffee a day, 1-2 with sugar and skim milk. I drink bottled water continuously throughout the day and always have a bottle to hand.

I began my life journey midday last Friday 30/08/13 weighing in at 243.25. This morning, 7 1/2 days later I weigh 230.125. I have lost 13.125 pounds.

The first 8 days: I feel mostly great, no hunger pangs and I've stopped salivating when thinking about food. The second night of sleep I felt like I slept like I had a fever, although I didn't and wasn't poorly. I have felt very positive and euphoric during the week. I have lived a normal week working, managing a family with the normal stresses and joys. I even allowed myself to go out with friends/mates last night and wasn't tempted by cheese and onion crisps/chips at midnight. I did have 250ml of white wine mixed with 750 ml of soda water over the course of the evening.

I'm happy to answer any questions, and would love to hear positive experiences. However, I repeat I've done a lot of research and reading, etc, I don't need to hear any negative feedback. Everyone is different, everyone has a different journey. I hope I will be able to inspire you to greatness! Happy Saturday! X x
I am into green smoothies and have been drinking it for some time. I LOVE the results. I've noticed that I lose some weight and I have so much energy that I'm up late and up early.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

juice is very is good diet for weight loss
Old 01-13-2014, 09:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default new

very good topc and thank you for it
Old 02-08-2014, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default 3 weeks since juicer purchase

I'll share too! I love my new juicer. I picked up a Cuisinart CJE 1000 on Amazon (it was the best price) after shopping around a few weeks. Though I'm not doing a full fast (YET) I'm juicing to replace each evening meal and am working on eating well and making better choices.

I began weight training 3 times per week and doing daily intervals on the treadmill 4 weeks ago. The juicing was added the 2nd week. My first week I lost 1.5 lbs (which was better than none, since I'm building lean tissue.) Since adding the juice though, cutting back on alcohol, etc. I'm losing quicker - down now down 11.5 pounds and a total of 10 inches so far. I know it's all fat lost, which is awesome.

Picture 46 sticks of butter. That's what's gone from my person after 4 weeks. People talk about how expensive it is to juice. I'm actually spending less on groceries, since I only need to hit the produce department with my list, grab a few other necessaries and I'm out of there! Spending less at the liquor store too, since I no longer have a glass of wine or two at dinner and limit my martini consumption to one or two on the weekends.) Martinis are my vice - I'm actually having them less but enjoying them more!

It's all good here. I'm well on my way to my goal: 34.5 lbs to go and I'll be running a 5k on Mothers Day. I'll be the fast mom in the cute shorts.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

thank you for sharing a very interesting experience, very inspiring to me on a diet with vegetable juice and fruit, good work

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-17-2014 at 12:51 AM. Reason: edited out link
Old 03-02-2014, 08:37 PM
FitDay Member

i am only following the green diet plan and running/jogging. want to know about your exact meal plan
Old 03-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Banned

The benefits of drinking fruit and vegetable smoothies
Every now and then you start to listen to the voice in the back of your thoughts...the one that reminds you that you are getting older and you need to take better care of yourself...this voice...for me...talks a lot about eating greens, eating fruit...and drinking water (but I already wrote that hub about water)...anyway eating greens has always been a challenge for me...my plate always seems to pass by the vegetables when dinner time comes...I used to eat more fruit when I was younger...not so much these days until I decided to do something about it...my mom...once again...stepped in with a wonderful gift of the Montel Williams HealthMaster...she'd been raving about the product for some time...she believes that it is a better choice to the regular juicer because it makes smoothies with the vegetables and fruits combined and it does not extract the pulp...she...like so many people believe that the pulp is just as important as the juice...its fibrous nature is important to the digestive system...so I did some research and came across a few sites that agreed with my mom...I decided to start making and drinking the smoothies...well to my surprise I got right into it and I've been drinking the stuff since...which is about the same time I started this new road to a healthier life...I've been drinking way more water and exercising again...all in all the smoothies have helped my energy level and one of the most important differences I have found for myself is less tenderness in the gums...hmmmmmmm....that definitely isn't something I read...I didn't try some recipe for it...it happened organically while I was experimenting with the basic recipes...finally I mixed one that I truly enjoy and find it tasty and healing!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:16 AM
FitDay Member

Great Journey

Last edited by Kathy13118; 04-17-2014 at 12:52 AM. Reason: edited out link
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats dear! I think it will be better for me and others also. I am also struggling with 1st week of journey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.