Notices

e-diets fresh food, Medifast, Nutrisystem

Old 09-02-2013, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default e-diets fresh food, Medifast, Nutrisystem

E-diets fresh food delivery- The breakfast was nothing I could not put together myself. The lunches and dinners were pretty large and kept me full. The snacks were often not what I had picked and nothing I could not buy in a regular store. Sometimes some food came broken. I had to add fruits and dairy to maintain 1200 calories a day and then I lost about 20 pounds and kept it off a while. This was the best diet but it is expensive.

Medifast seems to add fiber to their meals, which are kind of edible. They made me feel full throughout the day. I juiced for a while and that made me like vegetables more and sweets less. I lost 20 lbs but when stopped, I gained it back.

Nutrisystem, I lost about 20 pounds but gained it back and more. It left me starving. The plan I was on only chose small portions of pasta with sauce for dinners. I could do that. Most lunch meals are spicy and I have acid reflux. When I chose my own foods (paying extra), the other choices were disgusting. The bars are tasty but I can eat about five in one sitting. This is the only diet that made me crave and think about food all the time. Their snacks are very high in calories but tasty.

I now am cutting down significantly on meat after watching Vegicated and am looking into unconventional foods like pearled barley bowls and such.

All in all, my problem is there are days when I forget to eat meals and days when I have migraines and I can't eat. Then there are days that I don't stop eating. I need a well balanced, high fiber diet and time to work off stress and drink more water so I will focus on that.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for telling your experience with those diets. I know someone who did Slimfast at home (just one small meal, the rest of the day Slimfast shakes) and she walked on a treadmill everyday. She did lose all the weight she wanted to lose - which was a substantial amount - and then she put it all back on! AND she had a friend coaching her and supporting her every step of the way.
Sometimes, just having someone else make the food decisions for you (including the preparation of the food) makes all the difference.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for mentioning the Veducated documentary. I haven't seen it before, but watched the whole thing today. It's disgusting how the meat producers treat the animals and how they slaughter them. I may never eat meat again.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by djwayne
Thanks for mentioning the Veducated documentary. I haven't seen it before, but watched the whole thing today. It's disgusting how the meat producers treat the animals and how they slaughter them. I may never eat meat again.
I agree with you.