What's the best diet out there? >

What's the best diet out there?

Community
Notices

What's the best diet out there?

Old 11-27-2012, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default celebrities calories secrets

Mindless eating occurs most frequently after dinner, when you finally sit down and relax.

"Sitting down with a bag of chips or cookies in front of the television is an example of eating amnesia, where you mindlessly eat without being hungry, but out of habit," says American Dietetic Association spokesperson Malena Perdomo, RD.

Either close down the kitchen after a certain hour, or allow yourself a low-calorie snack, like a 100-calorie pack of cookies or a half-cup scoop of low-fat ice cream. Once you find that you're usually satisfied with the low-cal snack, try a cup of zero-calorie tea, suggests Perdomo.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

sure would like to try your diet, tara.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:22 PM
FitDay Member

Low carb all the way! Easy to stick with, lots of energy... love it!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

Steph, that is such a hard question to answer... what works for me doesnt work for everyone, etc.

I've found success with calorie counting. I am not following any specific program. I figured out how many calories I burn without exercise, and try to stay 300-400 calories below that. On days I exercise, I eat a bit more, but try and maintain that deficit. I try to eat as clean as possible, and avoid sugars and white carbs when I can. When I fall and dont hit the calorie numbers, I do all that I can to make sure its just a day and not turn into a weekend, or a week, etc.

Some days are better than others, and I know my losses have been slower than some official plans that are out there. But I am not looking to lose X lbs by X date, so for me, the journey has been easy to manage and not stressful. I'm hovering within a couple pounds of my goal now, so its been a good experience for me.

I eat 3 moderate meals, and 3 snacks. Try to exercise 3x a week. I feel better than I have in 20 years. Honestly!!!

Good luck! try what sounds sustainable to you, and if it doesnt work, try another. Very rarely do I go into a store and find a pair of pants that are perfect right away, the same applies here... try em on til you find what you like!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:58 PM
FitDay Member

It's better done in the natural way, that is self discipline, proper eating habit and regular exercise.