Notices

What's the best diet out there?

Old 08-01-2010, 08:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by FitDay_Steph
there are so many diets these days.. i can't keep track

which one works best for you?
The best diet is the one that you'll stick with for the rest of your life...and that varies by the individual. Low carb works best for me. I lost 70 pounds and have kept it off for 8 years.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Sniperbaby
Hi , I just started doing the "idiot proof diet" by Neris and India. So far it is working. It is like Atkins but it is more flexible. They WANT you to eat lots of green veggies and such; but after the induction phase. So far my saturated fats are much lower than the poly/monounsaturated in the diet

Has anyone else tried this? It's basically low carb - high protein.
I'm confused. Atkins also wants you to eat lots of green veggies after the induction phase, so how is this Neris and India diet more 'flexible'?
Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Melfawn
I'm confused. Atkins also wants you to eat lots of green veggies after the induction phase, so how is this Neris and India diet more 'flexible'?
I think it's based on the mainstream misconception that Atkins only wants you to eat cheese and bacon.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tandoorichicken
I think it's based on the mainstream misconception that Atkins only wants you to eat cheese and bacon.
Ahhh...ok. I used to be on an Atkins list on Yahoo but had to get off because these people also missed the chapter where Atkins said you can only eat as many pieces of bacon as you eat of eggs *and* if you stop losing, take a look at the fat in your diet because you're probably overdoing it.

Perhaps it's just me, but by the end of the induction phase, I didn't want to eat. I realized then that I didn't eat from hunger. I ate from cravings.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

To AngWad: I'm curious to know what your "eating plan" is! Can you please share?
Old 06-20-2012, 07:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone! Congrats on all of your successes!! That is HUGE!!

What works for me is Herbalife! I have a shake for breakfast, a mid morning protein snack, a colorful, protein rich lunch, mid afternoon snack, a shake for dinner and a mid evening snack!

It's not that hard to count 1,400 calories or less when you are consciously making an effort. 7 weeks in and I have dropped 19 LBS. I feel great, energized and ready to take on the world!!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Smile hi

I'm trying to lose 10 pounds, could you plese send me your diet,,,

thank you

Originally Posted by AngWad
I follow my own 'diet' (I don't like the word diet) - so I call it my AEP (stands for Angela's Eating Plan). IT WORKS!!

On July 31, 2004, I weighed 160 lbs. By January 2005, I weighed 120 lbs. I lost 40 lbs on my eating plan! No gimmicks or tricks, it's cheap (you buy your own foods at the grocery store) and it works very well.

If anyone is interested in getting a copy let me know, I will share it with anyone. So far, out of the 3 friends who have tried it, one stuck to it and lost her baby weight in 4 months, the other started it but got pregnant and had to quit, and the 3rd is starting it now. My pregnant friend is going to start it as soon as she has her baby!
Old 07-08-2012, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

I've been on my diet for only a week or so, but grazing healthy foods -- with a few guilty pleasures -- and exercising every day works for me... I weighed myself today, and I'm now down to 228 lbs My mouse is getting little bites of the cheese... Behlor
Old 07-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

Weight Watchers works best for me. I love their new plan (Points Plus) because of the zero points vegetables and fruits. But lots of WWs fall back to the old plan if they can't adjust easily to the new plan. Some even go back to the really, really early WW program that told you how many slices of bread you could have a day. Each personality has a diet that suits them.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Weight Watchers works best for me. I love their new plan (Points Plus) because of the zero points vegetables and fruits. But lots of WWs fall back to the old plan if they can't adjust easily to the new plan. Some even go back to the really, really early WW program that told you how many slices of bread you could have a day. Each personality has a diet that suits them.
I've seen WW on this thread a lot . I like the newest program (points plus) because the fruits and most veggies are "free". This helps me keep on track because I don't have to choose between an orange, or the occasional sweet or salty snack. It also keeps a healthy calorie intake depending on your weight... the more you weigh when you join, the more points you get, as your weight goes down, so does your points allowance.

It feels healthier than making a drastic cut from a high calorie way of eating and suddenly dropping to 1000-1400 calories overnight! I lost 25# in my first 3 months (almost 7 in the first week) and haven't felt deprived at all . As you learn to eat better, it naturally becomes a lifestyle instead of a diet just by teaching you how to budget your points better, so as long as you keep tracking (especially on fitday) you don't have to keep going after you get the hang of it, unless you enjoy the face to face accountability or discussions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.