Notices

Wait a second, what? Did I join the wrong forum?

Old 06-09-2013, 09:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default Wait a second, what? Did I join the wrong forum?

I need to GAIN weight. But my profile wouldn't let me save until I entered a "goal" weight that was UNDER my current weight. Not everyone in the world is trying to lose weight.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default hy digitalbum

then ur problem is not actually a problem.if u want to gain weight i suggest u a easy and healthy way that for sure u will have the resault in short time.every MORNING make a milkshake with 3 eggs ,1 banana ,and250-300 mg milk(with minimum 2.8% fat) and drink it on empty stomach.the banana is hyperglicemic product so will increase ur insuline level in body ,and more insuline mean more fat ,the milk contain lactoze(sugar from animal product) that also help ur increasing of insuline,and the eggs are a very good source of protein so ur body need them and they are very healthy.in afternoon u can eat what u want,and in EVENING i suggest u to eat carbohydrates like rise,penne or spaghetti,patatos(in all the kind of way:friets or boiled).the carbohydrate are the prime source or energy for body so the body will store them and u will take in weight.goodluck
Old 06-14-2013, 04:57 AM
Super Moderator

Yep. Some people want to gain weight for good reasons - suited to the individual and his or her goals.

I'm sure you know how to gain weight. It's not eating more carbs or more anything - except calories. Adding fats to your diet is the easiest way (fat has more calories per gram than carbs or protein, which are equal in calories per gram).

It's been a while since I set up my profile - I've been on fitday for years and love the stuff here. But I'd suggest changing your base weight. Not your goal weight. After all, if you weigh 200 pounds, who cares if you put 350 pounds as your base weight to start and make 250 your goal weight? You're still going to see progress toward your goal, even if it looks like you're 'losing' instead of 'gaining.'
Old 06-15-2013, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

hy kathy,the problem of digitalalbum is that she want to gain wain,not that she want to become obese or supraponderal.u have a little right,also the number of calories is important ,but about the protein and carb having the same nutrition value u are wrong.why?because our body take the nutrients from aliments and use them,not the number of calories.so i will give u one example,if u eat fish,fish have also his natural fat,but his fat contain quenzime omega 3 that is very usefull for the body,helping to regulate the level of cholesterol in blood,for example,but if u eat chips(who contain also oil) his nutrients are artificial,and the body doesnt use it or need it,so he send them in the adipos strat(fat cells) and u get fat8it is true),but u intoxicate ur body,and also bring with it cellulite,bad aspect of skin,and so on.so u see,is not the same thing.u want to gain weight,but in a healthy way,not makink more bad to yourself.
Old 06-16-2013, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

I didn't say protein and carbohydrate have the same nutritional value (just as beef and chicken don't have the same nutritional value, and pears and celery don't have the same nutritional value).

I said they have the same number of calories per gram - without any fat. If you had a pound of fat-free vegetables (even vegetables contain fat, naturally, so you can't assume not adding fat would make them fat free) and a pound of fat-free protein (also, very difficult to find, although egg whites do come to mind...), they would have the same number of calories.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 PM
FitDay Member

well at least you dont have such a big problem , you wont need to work so much for it
Old 02-24-2014, 06:13 PM
FitDay Member

try to get the natural way. take some high carbs diet and protein. this will help you a lot.