View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Kwest85blue
FitDay Member

Question 28 year old, type 1 diabetic, and no periods for past 4 years

Hi everyone. So, for the past 22 years I've been a type 1 diabetic, 4 years ago I got very sick with pancreatitus and my periods stopped. They have never come back, but I am in much much better health. I count my carbs, count my calories, am very careful to eat organic whole foods, such as greens, vegetables, berries, nuts, seeds, quinoa, lean turkey, and beans. I also use Organic 1% lactose free milk and Organic plain low fat yogurt. I only consume paleo bread, as I also have celiac and cannot eat wheat. I exercise almost everyday. My body seems to refuse weight loss. I am 5'8" and consume 1100-1400 calories per day. My calories are mainly high fiber and low glycemic.

Are there any other type 1 diabetics out there that have found the same problems and possible solutions? I'm curious to know if maybe me not having periods plays a part in my metabolism. I also carry most of my weight around my midsection. I weigh 135ish and am comfortable with how I look in the upper body and my hips/butt/legs, etc. Also wondering if midsection weight is due to no period.

Any help is appreciated.
Kwest85blue is offline   Reply With Quote