View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
wannabefitgrl
FitDay Member

Default Let's get personal about libidos

I've been getting in shape, lost 20 pounds, feeling so much better about myself. I had one of those 'I feel cute today' kind of days, which hasn't happened in so long. A pair of pants I haven't worn in forever finally fit and I even got a compliment or two from co-workers.

All that being said, I have a problem with my libido taking a nosedive when I start to get into shape. I don't know if it's a concentration/effort issue...I'm just more concerned with getting to bed early so I can get a full night of sleep and then wake up early for a workout. Keeping the focus on getting healthy becomes my whole world. It even starts to make me irritable at things that I might have had no problem brushing off before. I'm just more intense, in general, as though I have to be in control and focused all the time or I'll wind up back at an unhealthy place.

But...I also know that the body is an incredible machine and big changes in diet and exercise really can alter chemical/hormonal balances in the body. So while I might be a total control freak, I think there's probably also some biochemical stuff going on that contributes to my lackluster enthusiasm for sex these days. This happen to anyone else? I don't know if I'm really looking for solutions...assuming it will resolve itself if I can just relax a little, but maybe a little comfort and support. I miss the fun, sexy me that loves her body and wants to be intimate.
wannabefitgrl is offline   Reply With Quote