View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
episode2011
FitDay Member

Sounds like week 3 is going well, indeed, Libby! I like reading your dreams. As for me, I visualize of seeing prominent collarbones and hipbones, wearing anything sleeveless, shopping for single-digit clothes and of being able to comfortably cross my legs *under* a table.

Carolynn, I love your comment about the "crime scene" tape! That gave me a chuckle. You are so right about physical changes. You say you can notice it in your arms (yay!). Me, I'm noticing it in my waist. I recently pulled out some jeans from the way-back machine (when I was even higher than when I started this latest weight-loss adventure). I can pull them on without unbuttoning/unzipping . Jeans that I usually wear nowadays cannot be worn without a belt. Well, not without risking a wardrobe malfunction .

Is your back feeling better, Robin? Is the swimming helping?

Great job on getting back to it, Mike!

Tori, that's very compassionate of you to reach out to the missing. Thank you.

Ian, you were serious about the heart attack??? You poor thing! Thank goodness it wasn't the real thing! Still, did they give you any indication of what was causing your discomfort? Did you mention your weight-loss regimen? Could that be, in any way, connected and did the docs give you any guidance?

As far as what I'm using for activities, I'm taking studio classes for Yoga and Taiko. I am learning Navrai on my own, using a series of videos on YouTube (How to Bollywood Dance: Navrai Majhi by Doonya). The instructor has broken the dance into a series of 4 videos and, although she goes a little faster than I originally thought, it's very easy to follow. She explains and demonstrates well. I also downloaded the song itself (it's a catchy tune!) so I *could*, in theory, practice even when I'm not online. Haven't so far but that's the plan. Maybe one day, out in the park!

For Tai Chi I have two DVDs by Dr. Paul Lam (Tai Chi for Beginners and Tai Chi: The 24 Forms). Of all the Tai Chi DVDs I have or have viewed, I like Dr. Lam's the best. He breaks the moves into individual steps and explains them very well and in great depth. It's like having a private tutor. Most importantly, for me, he performs the segments with his back to the camera (the other people are performing facing the camera), so you can easily follow along.

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes
  • Maintain adequate daily hydration: yes, yes
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1546, 1469
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 1097, 906
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 19, 20
  • Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: Mon=Tai Chi and Navrai, Tue=Taiko ...(2/4)
  • Study every day: yes, yes

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote