View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #70 (permalink)
dmartz
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libby116 View Post
The food is the hard part. There is so much conflicting info on what not to eat that it scares me. So then I say the H with it and eat junk. I can't do that any more. Robin, what does your husband eat for breakfast? I was going to put some berries in a blender with soy beverage and some flax seeds. Have a great day.
Yup, food is the hard part. And Excercise. I find that if I don't eat a substantial breakfast I'm doomed for the day. I usually go for: 1 cup of whole grain cereal of some type, and add some fruit. Bananas, blueberries( my favorite) or something. (I look for cereal with less than 10 grams sugar per cup, though the recommendation is generally less than 5 gms.) If I don't have fruit I add yogurt. If I'm in a hurry, I eat leftover meat (like turkey), or some cheese.

Carolyn: Very interested in the info on Setpoints. I think I've been at one since last September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by episode2011 View Post
So far, so good, indeed, Donna! I don't know how you can keep calories slow (low to me). I can do 871 before noon and that was your whole day!
See above regarding breakfast. ~The~ most important meal! Actually, I can do 1000-1200 pretty easily, but under that doesn't do me any favors.

But now it's that weekend, & it's a minefield out there! Gotta run....

- Donna
dmartz is offline   Reply With Quote