Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Old 06-03-2013, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Robin, my condolences to you and your family.

Jezzie - glad you popped in. A 1.5 lb loss isn't anything to sneeze at. (I'm at another plateau, so I'd gladly take it.)

Ian - good job on getting all that exercise in. As Robin said, learn from your failures. What can you do differently at the next party? Eat something low-calorie and filling before the party? Offer to make something for the party so there will be at least one thing there that's not too bad to eat? Drink a cup of water after every alcoholic beverage? Parties are minefields of temptations..

Libby - 4 lbs!!! That's fantastic. And congrats to your son. *** I am 59 years old and my metabolism is getting slower and slower.*** I hear you on the slowed metabolism. For years I ate what I wanted without gaining weight - now I'm maintaining at 1400 calories a day. Cardio workouts and weight training are supposed to increase the metabolism - I hope so.

Welcome, Renewed Soul.

epixi - I hate to see you down. You've morphed in my mind from pixie to cheerleader - always cheering everyone on. You ARE successful. You've done phenomenonally well at meeting your goals. The weight loss WILL follow. In the meantime, you've become healthier. And you have to be proud of how consistently you've met your goals. When I was feeling as you are, Cassie told me to treat my plateau like a child having a tantrum - hold firm against it and come back with renewed vigor, and not let it break me. At the time, those words were just what I needed to hear.

Donna - *** depending on how I stand on the scale...*** I know that trick!

Goals for the week:
1. Avg 1400 calories a day:
2. Avg 45 min exercise a day:
3. Small bites, slower eating:
4. No sugar, white flour:
Old 06-03-2013, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

epixi - I tried the first segment of your Bollywood dance. You'll want to put me in the back row (if you don't cut me from the team first!). I'm coordinated when it comes to sports, but a real klutz when it comes to dancing. It was fun though, and I'm going to give it another try.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

Where is everyone? I gained back my 3 pound loss and I'm starting this week at 190.8

Being the nice guy that I am, I'll set goals for no only myself but for Tori as well.

My goals
1) lose 1 pound
2) workout 3 times this week
3) take all vitamins
4) post daily
5) drink 100oz water/day

Tori's goals
1) Walk 4 miles
2) post daily
3) drink 64 oz water
4) spend at least 3 hours with JC
Old 06-03-2013, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know where everyone is. I'm glad at least you showed up. I was beginning to think you guys were all off at a party and didn't invite me.

Good, do-able goals, Mike. I like the "post daily" goal for Tori. But, if my husband made weight loss goals for me - I'd be upset and probably wouldn't do them. I want to think that everyone thinks I'm fine weight-wise, even if I don't. Not rational, I know.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hey where the heck is everyone? Well Carolyn and Mike - just us? For now I guess. Hope they'll be back.

For various reasons this is an odd week for me and I am not going to make any workout goals. Workout if I can I guess. That's it.

This weeks goals:

1. Cals between 1200 and 1400 (rolling average)
2. One green tea per day.
3. Increase Omega 3
Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by carolynnq
I like the "post daily" goal for Tori. But, if my husband made weight loss goals for me - I'd be upset and probably wouldn't do them. I want to think that everyone thinks I'm fine weight-wise, even if I don't. Not rational, I know.
Haha, Tori and I are NOT an item. She more like a little sister to me, or my Wonder Twin. I was going to make a weight loss goal for her but figured if I could just get her back on the wagon I shouldn't push my luck. That's not to say that next week she's not going to have a weight loss goal. Actually I may get her to make goals for us next week.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

I thought she was your twin, nonetheless very kind of you to set some goals for her Mike.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats to all who lost this week. To those who didn't don't give up.
My goals for the week are 2lbs. loss
drink 6 glasses of water
walk 10K
1100 cal.or less per day
Post daily to stay accountable
We can do this.
What is your cryptonite? Mine is black licorice from Australia. I use it as a treat for a job well done.

Last edited by libby116; 06-03-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

WOW! I found my way back. AND remembered my password...hahaha. Mike, thanks for making my goals. I'll do my best with them. So far I'm doing decent with them. Not a lot of time to catch up today, but maybe tomorrow. I'll do my best, that's all I can do.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

Tori - good to see you again. You must be pretty special to have your own personal goal-setter!

Robin - wise of you to cut back on your goals if the structure of your week can't support them.

Libby - my kryptonite? my weakness? I'm afraid I have more than one - pizza, potato chips, and cheese for a start. Cheese isn't bad per se, it's just that I can't stop eating it. I'm not that big on sweets, but I do love licorice. I don't think I've had Australian licorice though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.