View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #66 (permalink)
episode2011
FitDay Member

Mike, that 1 stinkin' sodium point left on the plate (that image made me literally chortle out loud) was apparently quite lonely. Look at how many more came to join it over the week (and sadly, they all ended up in my belly ). Working hard to tame those goofy points, but it's tough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolynnq View Post
10+ years without a soda!!! I haven't had a sugar soda in years - I stopped when I read that the average soda has 6 tablespoons of sugar in it. I do have a diet soda now and again.
Same here, Carolynn. Once Tab was introduced in the early 1960s (yes, I've been battling my body since all the way back then ), sugar-sodas were out for me. Now, I do a Diet Coke several times a week, but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartz View Post
...Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 1078, 1069, 871, 1071

So far, so good. But the weekend looms...
So far, so good, indeed, Donna! I don't know how you can keep calories slow (low to me). I can do 871 before noon and that was your whole day!

Quote:
...Time to jump back on the wagon though and make that red disappear...
I'm working on it. Two things I've come to realize over the past two weeks: 1) it takes a few off-track days in a row to truly get the average out-of-whack, and 2) once the average gets out-of-whack, it's a BEAR to get it back on track! Sheesh!

Quote:
...I just watched at interesting BBC documentary called "Why Aren't Thin People Fat." I'm going to post a summary in new thread later...
I'm really looking forward to your summary, Carolynn. I haven't seen that documentary (sounds interesting! I hope it's on Youtube...), but I've looked into the idea of setpoint before and it really does make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToriD1012 View Post
... Sorry I haven't caught up with everyone. Hopefully I'll do better next week...
Me, too, Tori -- trying to do that now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by libby116 View Post
...I will be on the treadmill shortly and plan to walk at least 2k...
Do take it easy, Libby. Don't want to get sick again. I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libby116 View Post
...There is so much conflicting info on what not to eat that it scares me...
It's maddening, isn't it? Sometimes, the paranoid Epixi swears it's a conspiracy to keep selling diet plans, pills and procedures. I keep trying to convince her that couldn't possibly be true , but it sure does seem that way...

Here's to a good weekend, everyone!

50-something female, 5'6"
Overall Goal = Lose 75 pounds
  • Feb 1: Restarted... again... for the umpteenth time
  • Status as of July 15 = 20.5 pounds released (even though this body is quite reluctant to give them up)
episode2011 is offline   Reply With Quote