View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #48 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robingen View Post
You might want to consider the possibility of a sugar addiction.........yes some of us have that! For myself I have to do complete abstinence from candy, and other sugary treats. Eating one will trigger hard to handle cravings. I am just noticing that you are trying to "cut back" but you might need a complete detox from the fruit rollups, soda etc. Just wanted to throw that out there.
Good suggestion. I'm like you - I can resist candy, potato chips, etc. as long as I don't start. Once I eat one piece, I'm ashamed to say that my will power disappears.

Jimmyswife - cutting out sugary treats might help you to reduce your appetie overall. The body quickly converts fructose (the sugar in fruit and high fructose corn syrup) to fat. It also suppresses leptin, the hormone responsible for telling our brains when we're full. When we eat whole fruits, we're getting fiber, vitamins and minerals along with the fructose (and the fiber slows down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream). High fructose corn syrup in a soda just adds calories, fat, and messes with your brain's appetite control center.

Donna - smart of you to cut back on calories in advance (my "in advance" is usually the morning of the high-calorie day).

Goals for the week:
1. Avg less than 1400 calories a day: 1255, 1170, 1041
2. Avg 45 min exercise a day: 22, 125, 15
3. Small bites, slower eating: so-so
4. No sugar, white flour: Y, Y, N (some canned chicken noodle soup - got my sodium for the day there too!)
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote