View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
RenewedSoul
FitDay Premium Member

Jezzie: Here is the website that first inspired me to go raw for awhile and a link to the pictures of Angela Stokes.

Woman goes raw, loses more than half herself - CNN.com

Raw Reform - Photo Gallery

Libby: I can eat anything that is raw. This includes any raw fruits, veggies, seeds, and nuts. I had a hard time reaching 1,200 calories at first, so I researched the raw diet. I added cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make a dressing for the veggies. Some types of balsamic vinegar can be used on a raw diet (look for ones without caramel coloring). The plan states you can eat raw fish and eggs, but that sounds really gross and could be dangerous (bacteria). I only drink water. After six weeks, I plan on adding boiled eggs, so I can get B12 in my diet. I do take multivitamins. My goal is to stay off all processed foods and meats until I reach my goal. (which will be a very long time) I may stay off meat forever. I have never been a meat fan, and I do not miss bread. (I miss mashed potatoes ) Below is a sample of what I would eat for lunch.

*Veggie salad with chopped cucumber, tomatoes, fresh mushrooms (for Vit. D), onion, raw zucchini, 2 tablespoons of homemade raw dressing (1 tablespoon of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, clove of crushed garlic, a bit of chopped jalapeno, dill weed)
*A piece of fruit or grapes
RenewedSoul is offline   Reply With Quote