Notices

Does anyone agree with me on this??!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Does anyone agree with me on this??!

Hey everyone

i have a theory that everyone around me disagree with, and i don't understand why!, so i decided to see what everyone here thinks about it..

isn't it true that most interesting part of a weight loss process is the diet process itself??!

I'm almost there to my goal weight and i feel a little sadness about it, don't you? i know it's a lifestyle and all but once you finish wight loss program you'll start a maintaing program which is totally different.

Thanx
Old 05-02-2010, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

i've gained a lot of appreciation for food. More so than when I was bingeing every day. I don't think I'll be sad at the end of my journey- there's usually room for improvement- not just about weight loss, but amping up nutrients and gaining greater physical ability. I am hoping at the end of my journey, I'll be hooked on exercising and that I'LL be one of those beautiful, confident joggers that give people inspiration I see every day on my walk.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

I've been on this journey for a month now, and in that time, I've started to see food in a whole new way. I no longer see a bbq chicken breast with bbq sauce...I now see 17 g protein with 3 g saturated fat. Carrots are no longer carrots, they are now 5 g complex carbs. I'm obsessed now and find that everything I eat falls into 1 of 5 catagories: protein, bad fat, mono fat, complex carbs or simple carbs(avoid white food). I see food more as fuel & nutrients now, and I want to keep it that way.

The "diet" process is very important because thats where we are truly learning about the food we eat and the activity we need. That is also where we develop the "if I can do this, I can do anything" attitude.

With everything you have learned on your journey...I'm sure you'll do great on the next journey, whatever it is.

Last edited by dizzy_44; 05-02-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

I guess I don't see the "diet" process as ending, because once I get down to my goal weight, I'm still planning to eat. I'm working really hard, not so much just to lose weight but to adopt a thinner lifestyle, so no I guess I don't see an end in sight, nor do I think reaching my goal weight will make me sad. I keep picturing myself so happy that others reach over and slap me for it.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Ochax
Hey everyone

I'm almost there to my goal weight and i feel a little sadness about it, don't you? i know it's a lifestyle and all but once you finish wight loss program you'll start a maintaing program which is totally different.

Thanx

What I've discovered is that the maintenance program isn't that much different than the "losing" program. We need more calories to maintain but not A LOT more...so we're talking maybe 2 slices of bread instead of 1, and maybe an extra piece of fruit. Point being if we do the same things we did before starting this new lifestyle, we will get the same old results.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

I totally agree. The sense of accomplishment is a lot less when you're maintaining than when you're losing. You also stop getting all those lovely compliments and motivating remarks when you've been at your goal weight for a while. Maintaining is definitely still a goal to work towards and a lifestyle to have, but it's just a little bit more boring than losing!

Not that I have any solutions for this, just wanted to let you know that I agree. =)

Also, I find that I have false hopes as to what will happen when I reach my goal weight. I think that I'll be beautiful, happy, successful, in a positive relationship, etc. when I'm at my goal. However, that's never the case. True, my clothes fit better, I'm in better shape, and I have more energy, but weight's really just a number. It takes a lot more than that to change a life. I'm trying really hard this time to remind myself of that this time. Hopefully this will break the cycle of losing the same 20-30 lbs over and over again, trying to get to that goal weight, trying to be happy and being disappointed when it doesn't happen!

Anyone else experienced THAT aspect of the goal weight?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

i wish i was there so i could tell you how i felt. but, still have a long way to get there.
At this point, i don't like how my jeans fit and also i absoulotely hate fittingroom mirrors, since they show exactly what's wrong with my body. weight loss is going to make me happier with my self image, and i know i'll be healthier at that stage. but i won't expect for miracles to happen, since even now i try to do my best in what i do, i tell my kids and hubby how much i love them every single day, i have good days as well as bad days etc.

Last edited by farahb7; 05-03-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

This is a very interesting thought. I haven't really considered it. I have been trying to lose weight for so much of my life and have reached my goal weight and kept it for so short a time. The last time I did, I got pregnant with my third child within a few months.

I would like to think that I will be proud of my self and my body in a respectful way, not a flaunt what you've got sort of way. My efforts at weight loss this time around are the same as after my second child and that is with a focus on exercise. I am hoping that I have found something that I can continue forever and won't get bored with.

I am going to have to think on this a little more. The process of dieting has definitely been a learning process.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fletch8502
Also, I find that I have false hopes as to what will happen when I reach my goal weight. I think that I'll be beautiful, happy, successful, in a positive relationship, etc. when I'm at my goal. However, that's never the case. True, my clothes fit better, I'm in better shape, and I have more energy, but weight's really just a number. It takes a lot more than that to change a life. I'm trying really hard this time to remind myself of that this time. Hopefully this will break the cycle of losing the same 20-30 lbs over and over again, trying to get to that goal weight, trying to be happy and being disappointed when it doesn't happen!

Anyone else experienced THAT aspect of the goal weight?
Nope, at my goal weight I'm still planning on being so happy that people just want to reach over and slap me.

Last edited by almeeker; 05-04-2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

fletch...I can relate. I got to my goal weight almost 2 months ago. That day, I posted my surprise at how my body did not automatically assume all the right proportions that I had expected it to. Since then I've been working on toning up and improving cardiovascular fitness. I assume that continued goals means it's a lifestyle change and not just a "Whew, I'm done now!"

Adding the calories back in has been a little anxiety-provoking for me. It's not an exact science and I don't want to go overboard, so I'm going slowly. I still log food and activity and see that as the way to being successful at maintenance, because information is power and lets me know when I have to make changes.

On the other hand, there really is a sense of accomplishment in being in better shape than I have ever been in my life .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.