View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
carolynnq
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Robin, my condolences to you and your family.

Jezzie - glad you popped in. A 1.5 lb loss isn't anything to sneeze at. (I'm at another plateau, so I'd gladly take it.)

Ian - good job on getting all that exercise in. As Robin said, learn from your failures. What can you do differently at the next party? Eat something low-calorie and filling before the party? Offer to make something for the party so there will be at least one thing there that's not too bad to eat? Drink a cup of water after every alcoholic beverage? Parties are minefields of temptations..

Libby - 4 lbs!!! That's fantastic. And congrats to your son. *** I am 59 years old and my metabolism is getting slower and slower.*** I hear you on the slowed metabolism. For years I ate what I wanted without gaining weight - now I'm maintaining at 1400 calories a day. Cardio workouts and weight training are supposed to increase the metabolism - I hope so.

Welcome, Renewed Soul.

epixi - I hate to see you down. You've morphed in my mind from pixie to cheerleader - always cheering everyone on. You ARE successful. You've done phenomenonally well at meeting your goals. The weight loss WILL follow. In the meantime, you've become healthier. And you have to be proud of how consistently you've met your goals. When I was feeling as you are, Cassie told me to treat my plateau like a child having a tantrum - hold firm against it and come back with renewed vigor, and not let it break me. At the time, those words were just what I needed to hear.

Donna - *** depending on how I stand on the scale...*** I know that trick!

Goals for the week:
1. Avg 1400 calories a day:
2. Avg 45 min exercise a day:
3. Small bites, slower eating:
4. No sugar, white flour:
1st Goal 145 lbs 5/25
New goal 140
carolynnq is offline   Reply With Quote